Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
momsmyname
Registered Users

My Mood:
Help!! Im in a rut!!

Okay so we are moving in 2 weeks and half of my belongings are packed up and ready to be shipeed to the new house. The problem?? I have no desire to cook. I make things from scratch with all my husbands food allergies, and I feel terrible but I have been buying things like chips (I feel disgusting even writing this). I feel like I have let myself down as well as my family. I havent even been cloth diapering because everything is just chaos right now. Does anyone have any ideas on healthy quick meals that will make my family feel better? Im so at a loss....HELP!!

Advertisement

(Shellee), Married my Best friend (Zach) on 1/7/06, DD 1/15/07(M),:, Child-led weaning (20 months!!), Co-sleeping ,Conservative Christian mama who loves her life as a wife and SAHM!!:Missing my lil angel in heaven
momsmyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help!! Im in a rut!!

When I don't feel like cooking, I tend to make Wildtree stuff. I hope this isn't considered spam since you did ask what to do. But it's stuff that's good for people with allergies, all-natural, no preservatives, no dyes, no MSG, no fillers. Tonight, for example, I'm making buffalo chicken with blue cheese wing sauce pizza and alfredo broccoli pizza, and it really wasn't much effort at all.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
KeepItSimple
Registered Users
seller

My go to meals are

Quesadillas
Grilled tuna/ham & cheese/Reuben/patty melt sandwiches
black beans and rice w/keilbasa (crock pot)
Cabbage/potato/keilbasa soup (crock pot)
omelets
Fried rice
KeepItSimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
Becky32982
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is one of our favorite easy meals. It is very verstaile because you can use leftover chicken or veggies too. I makeit only using 2 pans and you could make it in one if you have precooked chicken.

Lemon Chicken Pasta
2 raw chicken breasts, cut into cubes
one box whole wheat penne
2 lemons (sometimes 1 is enough)
3 cloves garlic, minced (or 2-3 tsp of the jarred stuff)
3tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
bag of frozen veggies (we like broccoli or broccoli/califlower mix)
Parmesan cheese

Start cooking pasta according to directions. Heat cooking spray in skillet and add chicken cubes (or you can bake it). Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook Chicken until fully cooked, do not overcook. Remove from skillet and set aside. Return skillet to heat and add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper. Cook for just a mintue or so until garlic is cooked. 1-2 minutes before pasa is done throw the frozen veggies into water. Drain pasta and veggies when it is done. Return pasta mix to the pot you cooked it in and stir in chicken, and oil/garlic mixture. Then take the lemons and roll it around under your hand to loosen the juices. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze all the juice out into a bowl. Remove seeds and stir juice into pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with parmesan cheese when serving.

I love Swagbucks!!! I earn free giftcards just by searching the web. SWAGBUCKS
Becky32982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try not to beat yourself up mama. Moving is hard and I'm not sure what to even suggest if you have all your stuff packed away.

When we first bought this house we didn't have a stove for a few months and I was pregnant. I looked at it as an adventure and cooked in the microwave, crockpot and electric skillet. It drove FIL nuts though and he ended up buying us a stove. lol (We had been waiting for my quarterly bonus).

How about buying fruits and veggies to snack on instead of chips. Speghetti is usually a quick easy meal. Or stir fry, I love stir fry.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
momsmyname
Registered Users

My Mood:

great ideas ladies!! 1 more week to go and we will be in the new house....I guess mac and cheese for one more week wont hurt
(Shellee), Married my Best friend (Zach) on 1/7/06, DD 1/15/07(M),:, Child-led weaning (20 months!!), Co-sleeping ,Conservative Christian mama who loves her life as a wife and SAHM!!:Missing my lil angel in heaven
momsmyname is offline   Reply With Quote