Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #31
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Re: doc says there's no way to split the 6 in 1 shot

I just looked this up in dr sears book and he said he's "not a fan"

Advertisement

Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #32
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

have you checked out the vaccine forums over at mdc? i know there are lots of international moms there, maybe someone can help you out. if it is simply impossible to separate these i would wait as long as possible. share you concerns with your dh, have him do some reading at least. look at the diseases the shot is purported to prevent and the actual prevalence in your area of the diseases and go from there. they might not be as scary or dangerous as you/he may think. good luck, this really stinks. im sorry.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #33
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

there is a vaccine in the states that is almost an "all in one" thing. It has A LOT in it. I can't recall everyhting, but the nurse at the health dept told me that it's what they use so that the kids only have to come in 2 or 3 times total. They give as much as possible at one time. She said that a lot of the patients don't have transortation therefor won't come back each month or whatever for vaccines, so they do super combos. At the time, I just had DS1 and he was vaxed on time every time. This wasn't the regular place we went to for our son because we were displaced out of state. DS2 is not vaxed at this point, but we will be starting VERY soon despite the churning in my stomach. DH wishes they would have been done "on time every time"... ugh..so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see a true "all in one" being given at birth....
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote