Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2006, 03:25 AM   #1
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I'm in search of a better night system....

I know which fitted I absolutely LOVE for night, FCB Night Lights - I have 3 and boy do I wish I could get my hands on more!

I need wool though. We have 3 crats and the legs are getting horribly stretched out, pee just soaks right out of the leg hole. We've had wet sheets/jammies about every other night for the last few weeks. Before this, the system worked GREAT. We also use snap-ez cotton pockets, they aren't fitting quite right anymore and when he wears them, the pee goes out the leg hole even worse....

Right now my baby's bottom is in a sposie

So, what wool works great for night that is snug around SKINNY legs, plenty of room for a massive diaper, and won't be too hot (our room gets up to about 80 ....gets down to about 70 by the AM

I'm open to suggestions for more diapers too.....maybe there's a great night diaper thats more easily attainable. Right now he typically has 2 3-layer hemp trifolds...so with the fcb, thats 19-20 layers of hemp....he's a super soaker

Advertisement

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:28 AM   #2
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm in search of a better night system....

Oh, and for the diaper, being a fitted pocket is a MUST - that many layers of hemp will NEVER get fully clean or dry if it was internal soaker, and a fleece lining is a must too

Old 05-19-2006, 04:37 AM   #3
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow that sounds like ALOT of layers.. LOL

I dont guess I am any help since all I used for night time is a LL OS AIO with a extra doubler folded inside and that works! It would probably work all night but when she gets up to eat I just change it cause I know its wet and it bothers me that shes wet.. LOL I have also used just a PW with a BSWW wrap and that works for hours too until I change it..

I have a fitted pocket that I bought from here called a whippersnapper I believe? It's GREAT, I stuff that sucker and she has used that with a BSWW as a night time diaper too.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:17 AM   #4
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Holy crap - how do you fit all that into a FCB Nightlight? I have a size 1 (that, admittedly, is on the small side and needs to find a new home) that I can't imagine holding more than the trifold FCB insert. That set up only holds us for morning naps - it would never work overnight.

Are soakers pretty much all that work for you? We use shorties or longies at night with no issues ... but then again, we don't need 20 layers of hemp to get her thru the night!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:38 AM   #5
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

As far as the wool cover, I have an Imse Vmsy bumpy cover that is great for bubble butt, but has narrow legs (my dd has chicken legs). It is very felted and most of the time, I don't even lanolize it. I admittedly don't use wool at night though, but I know others who use bumpy wool at night.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #6
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have had AWESOME luck with the recycled shorties and soaker made by beep on here at night-time as far as dipes go, it isn't a pocket but is made to dry quicker the princess pea pods night-time diaper is AWESOME! I haven't tried the particular model she has on right now BC the one I have is the model before that one when she was trying to make something for her super heavy wetter. Gracie can go all night in hers and sometimes not even soak completely throught the dipe in 12 hours :shock: and she nurses ALL NIGHT LONG can't get her out of that. So you might want to check those dipes out and also see if beep could make you a custom recycled for your babes skinny legs
http://www.princesspeapods.com/index...dex&cPath=1_41
HTH
Old 05-19-2006, 08:29 AM   #7
raversangel
Banned

my little man has tiny thighs (9.25" and he's 1yo) and what worked wonderfully for us was Sugar peas flannel wool covers! i honestly could put it on him with JUST the hemp snap in and he wouldn't soake through and it has the waist and thigh snap so i could snap the thigh tighter if i needed to!! i LOVED em
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:50 AM   #8
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Usually a sposie won't get him through the night either....it did last night because we put it on him around 1 or 2....it was saturated when he got up. I don't think it would have held if we put it on him at 6-7 when he goes to bed.

You should see him waddle when he's got his night diaper on, it looks so funny. Especially when we've squeezed him into those skinny little pajama pants

The FCB night light with the 2 3-layer trifolds is actually the TRIM night diaper When we stuff 3 cb inserts in his snapezs, thats got to be at least 18 layers, I think they might even be 4 layers each....

Anyway, I've made fun of my sons major diaper booty enough. Those Pea Patch diapers look interesting. I'll have to look at the bumpy as well. I've tried the Sugar Peas flannel cover before - I didn't like it I'm very very picky about serged edges, some are done so the "ruffled" edges stick out.....some are done so that the ruffled edges curl in towards the legs - I don't like that at all and the sugar peas I had did that lol

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming

Old 05-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #9
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Here's what the pea patch looks like on-don't know if it helps or not-again not exact same model but should give a general idea
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...l/101_2522.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...l/101_2514.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...l/101_2506.jpg
Old 05-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #10
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

What a cutie! The serged edges look ok Although, there's not a single roll on my boy - he's 2 yrs old and has a 16" waist and 9.75-10" thighs, pretty long rise though.