Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I always thought I only wanted one...

I grew up as a child of 4. I loved/love my B and S!! As a child I wanted 5! I married a man who only wanted 3 children but now we have 4. I still would have my 5th dreamt child but he is very adamant about not wanting another!! For me a big family is just wonderful, so full of life, love and fun!! It really fullfills me and I knew I wanted to be a mom and have a big family at a young age, it was just something a I knew. As well, getting pregnant, pregnancy and delivery are good to me!! (that helps the

Jeanine ~Mom to DS 13 , DD 9 , DD 5 & my lil man born on his DD 2/10/2008 : Open to knit customs or trades!
Jdubbs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

We only wanted 2, so when my first pregnancy was twins, we thought we were done.... now the girls are only a few months old, but DH and I are both talking about "just one more" in the next few years... DH and I are both from 2 kid families- so 3 kids seems like a huge family.
LSUtwinMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by MamaMaeve View Post
I'm a professor, and my partner is being a stay at home dad for now and plans to slowly go back to school to be an architect, one or two classes at a time for now.

Our plan is to buy a small farm in 5 years or so, and along with the goats, that seems to go along with a bunch of kids.
Are you planning on still teaching after you buy the farm? We are both going on to get our PhDs in a few months and I would LOVE to be a professor when we're done. But professors seem so busy with all the teaching, research, and mentoring that sometimes I'm not sure if it will work out. We want six kids and we both know that will be a lot of work! Both being a professor and having a large family is important to me, so we'll see how it all works out! I'd love to hear how you manage everything and what you decide in the future! Good luck!
Christine , married to M , mother to 4yo DS J and 2yo DD E !
Visit for thorough book reviews of young adult books
Visit my blog Why We Love Green to read about saving money while saving the earth! (Plus Reviews & Giveaways!)
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

When I was growing up, I always wanted 2 children. I was the middle child of 3 with two brothers. My younger brother was adopted as my mom could not have any more children after I was born. My mom is one of 8 and my dad is one of 2.

My first pg was a m/c and then I got pg with twins (fraternal girls). I knew after they were born that I wanted at least one more. I said it was because I wanted to experience a singleton pregnancy. When my twins were 5.5 years old, Abby was born and was an easy baby. Then I decided I wanted one more so that Abby would have a close-in-age playmate. Then we got pg with twins again! Ryan and Emily are 6 weeks old and I'm not so sure I'm done. Everyone feels the need to ask that question and I just tell strangers that Yes, I'm done. Mostly so they'll be quiet. But I don't honestly know right now.
Lisa, SAHM to twin DD's 1/2/02, DD 6/13/07, b/g twins 4/5/09, girl #5 arrived on 5/26/10!!
*** Be my SwagFriend ***
lisastwins2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
Registered Users

I was the youngest of 3 and always wanted more or less than that. Dh is an only and he wanted his kid to have siblings, so we agreed on 4. We have 5 now. I would have never thought I'd ever be a mama to 5 but now that I am I could have a dozen if dh was on board (he isn't).
allmybabes is offline   Reply With Quote