Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #21
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Doctor said ear infections are MY fault

Oh, man that's horrid. I know lots of kids who are fully vaccinated who always seem to have ear infections. Some kids are just prone to them.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #22
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is fully vaccinated (save a lecture, I've done the research and this is what's best for MY child) and has 9 ear infections in 12 months. NINE. And one of them lasted for three months, despite several antibiotics.

She had tubes put in at the end of January and she was diagnosed with another EI last week.

Her issue is that the ear canal is too narrow. It just is.

Don't beat yourself up.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #23
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

dd was vaxed up to two years. Her first year of life she rec the vax's and got multiple ear infections. She had around 8 in the first year but then they eventually stopped as she got older. The vax comment was him being rude.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #24
momma4of6
Registered Users
seller

There are many more factors....

Fwiw, my first 4 are vax- between them only one got an ear infection, only once...

My next 4 have not been vax...we had one child out of all of them that had a possible ear infection twice...I say possible because after I was on antibodics the second time and could not get the meds down my dd, I called the dr, and they said I didn't have to continue the meds, that she only had inflamation and not an actual infections....that's when I started dis-liking drs...

Its not you fault...some kids ears are different and are more likely to get ear infection....
momma4of6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #25
missykay
Registered Users

My Mood:

My son is fully vaxed on schedule and had an ear infection a month every month from July until January. He was also ebf until 6 and then nursed an additional 4.5 months until he weaned himself. Every illness he gets turns into an ear infection-common cold, pink eye, stomach bug.....They all eventually become ear infections. They've tapered off on their own over the past few months. Don't let this dr make you feel badly.
Forever missing Yuen Tien (12-9-11)
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
missykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #26
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No it's not your fault because you didn't vaccinate.

More than likely you had alot of ear infections as a child too.. that's usually a big part of it.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #27
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

that doctor needs a massive wedgie. Neither one of my kids 3 and 2 have had that vax yet and neither one has had an ear infection. I know lots of other ladies said similar things but I had to tell you mine too.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #28
Picklesmom1
FSOT issues with this member. Contact administrator before any transaction~
seller

My Mood:

I've never heard of that before, but I can tell you that my brother had all vax's on time and had atleast 15-20 ear infections a year, he also had tubes put in his ears 4 times then come to find out the real reason he kept getting ear infections is that he was allergic to cats, dogs, trees and dust mites. We had 2 cats, 1 dog, lived in the woods with our entire house carpeted.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #29
aqua_jellybean
Registered Users
seller

I was a fully vaxinated kid. I was born in the 80's. I had so many ear infections, they put tubes in my ears. Unless the vax you are refering to was not given in the 80's, I would have had that vax. Not that your doctor is wrong, I don't know, I am not a doctor, but I still got ear infections.

We are a fully vaxinated family, the kids, the dogs, and ourselves, but I even find that most often the first thing a doctor will ask is if my kids are vaxinated. Sometimes it doesn't even sound like it is relevent to what is going on. I answer yes, and we are on our way, but I do often wonder about the Mom who doesn't fully vax or delay vax. What happens if they say no?

Perhaps talk to another doctor and see what they say. Perhaps they can explain the vax better.

Last edited by aqua_jellybean; 04-10-2009 at 01:31 PM.
aqua_jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #30
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

my daughter got her first ear infection ever at 2 years old after a series of shots. It was a bad one too. She ran a fever for 5 days, 102 up to 104 no matter what I gave her to try to bring it down. Then we found out her tonsils were infected, they were almost closing off her airway. Coincidence? I think not... She had a few seizures after a previous series of shots. We had waited a year and a half before trying again and she got the ear infection and tonsil thing. Immunizations just are NOT one size fits all.

Hope your little one is feeling better soon!