Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

BF poos

Do you rinse your diapers off before putting them in the pail if they have BF poo in them? Or will that come off in the first rinse/soak cycle?

Also, do you remove the liners from your dipes before putting them in the pail or just before you wash?

Advertisement

tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:
Re: BF poos

Afaik, you can just wash bf poos in the washer, no rinsing required. And I empty my pockets right away, bcs after they get other pee soaked inserts and dipes all piled on top of each other in the pail, they get really wet and stinky, so I try to touch them as little as possible at that point!!
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I don't rinse bf poos off before they go in the pail, but I do a prewash before I do a soak, just so the diapers don't soak in poopy water.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
deeannielannie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't rinsed a diaper yet, and I have pulled the soakers out of the pockets just as they are going into the washer for 8 months now, with no probs at all.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
Big Grown-Up Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No need to rinse; it just dissolves in the wash. We would spray really messy ones with Bac-Out before putting them in the pail, and I think that helped to keep stains from setting.
I always take the diaper apart before putting it into the pail. That way I only handle it once when it's dirty. HTH!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #6
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We never wash off our bf poop either before putting it in the pail. I do a prewash and soak before the wash and so far I haven't had any stains either but I do do my wash every day (don't have enough diapers yet not too!). Oh and I've been doing this for about 8-9 months now and haven't had a problem. I do take my inserts out before I put them in the pail because I someone said they do get nasty after they have sitten in there with other dipes on top. HTH.
Ericka