Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
calismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HELP! My dd is torturing me in the middle of the night!!!

So my dd is 7 months. She tends to go down between 7/7:30 and she wakes in the morning at 6ish. She's been waking up at 2:30am and 4:30am every night though. When she wakes up, she doesn't really nurse or need to be changed. I'll rock her for a couple minutes and she's usually out. But I'm getting frustrated cause then I'm awake and she didn't even need anything. It's like she does it out of habit. What should I do?

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP! My dd is torturing me in the middle of the night!!!

Aww how could you not want to cuddle that little cutie in your Avi at 2.30 in the morning She freakin adorable.
Just kidding (not about the cute part), I'm no help what so ever. My kids did it too, and eventually they grew out of it.
Eventually I did stop picking them out of the crib and just lay them down and patted their back for a while, that worked sometimes. But I'm sure you've used all the tricks in your box.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Treasures Of Mine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, I'm there too mama, but just be greatful its not worse, (like me )

My DD is 9 months, and uses me as a pacifier. If I'm "Done" w/ her sucking on me, and take her off, she literally throws a complete fit! Back arching and everything. Wakes up the whole house. I'm at a loss of what to do. And I'm exhausted because of it
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
BumChums
Banned~Multiple accounts~ mum2b3 and Bumchums
seller

My Mood:

Im also being used as a paci! i know how you feel mamas... its a phase it will pass hang in there hun xx
BumChums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, paci-mom here too. OP, I'd let her fuss for a minute, and stretch it out. Also keep your interventions boring. Are you putting her down in her crib when she's drowsy but awake? The ultimate goal is for her to recognize her crib as an okay place to be, and soothe herself back down. (so says the mama who's co-sleeping with the 9-month-old. )
Old 04-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe try like a pp said stretch the amount of time out that you go to her little by little, keep the time you go to her boring, and maybe try not to pick her up. Just try patting her back and shhing. Hopefully she'll get the point that she is getting little attention from you at night and she'll stop.
Maybe your dh could go to her at night since she's not waking to eat and that will help?

Last edited by katengrace; 04-12-2009 at 01:09 PM.
katengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:56 AM   #7
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I found that between 6-9 mos old they tend to regress due to developemental phases. We all wake every 2 hours at night. If our surroundings are the same and we do not need to drink, pee, etc, we fall back to sleep with no memory of waking. If we have to pee, drink, or see something different we will wake to react. Babies go through this every 30 minutes, so be thankful it is only twice she is waking up fully. It is a normal sleep pattern and cannot be "fixed" She might be peeing in her dipe at these times, thinks her surronding are different, etc. I would try to let her fuss it out for a minute or two unless she begins crying, then rick her back to sleep. This will soon pass, they do not stay this little long. Hang in there.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

I"m not help---my LO is 27 months and still wakes around midnight and then around 5 to nurse. I keep saying I'm going to wean, but then I look at his cute face.........he loves his nursies.

I figure I'll get sleep soon enough, then my oldest will be a teenager and no sleep again! LOL
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
jveprek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Smile and love it cause it won't last long ...
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote