Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
LilOutlaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can I get input from moms of twins?

I have a photography client bringing in her twin girls for their 1st Birthday session. I have not yet worked with twins, and was hoping moms of twins (or more!) can give me some input on a few things.

Mostly, if you were taking your twin girls to a photographer for birthday photos, what type of poses and such would you most want her to do? (My shoot is Saturday so it's a rush)

And also if anyone has tips for "handling" multiples or getting their attention at the same time, etc., that would be wonderful.

Thanks so much mamas!

Advertisement

LilOutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can I get input from moms of twins?

I don't have twins but am one myself. I was just wanting to suggest that you get a feel from the mother of what she is looking for before beginning to shoot. Some moms of twins like their kids to be identical in every way and will like the poses that have them "mirroring" each other....like back to back or doing the exact same pose. Other moms would prefer that their individuality shine through and would want them to be a bit different in each picture and not forcing them to be identical all the time. You can get some adorable shots with twins but mom also may want individual shots as well. I would google "twin photo" and things like that to get an idea of some poses.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
3babiestolove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With twins, you will need an extra set of hands. One person to prop the kids in certain poses, one to get their attention toward the camera, and you taking the the photos. 1st Birthday photo is a little easier and tend to get more difficult as they get older. I have a cute photo of my twins sitting almost back to back on a stool and I love that one. Also, if the mother doesn't suggest it, get individual shots because they will ask for them when they get older....Why don't we have one by ourselves????........

Good luck!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
LilOutlaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great, thanks so much for the advice!

I did try googling and searching Flickr and ILP but most of what I'm getting is either snapshots/family photos or newborns.. not many toddlers LOL or professional stuff.

Keep the ideas coming!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #5
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My guys are a little younger, but I thought this was super cute.

The biggest thing is to have patience. It is hard, I'm not going to lie. My photog reassured me that I can bring them back if it doesn't work the first time. That took a lot of pressure off of me.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #6
mommygonewild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love pics of mine hugging or holding hands, being affectionate towards eachother, laughing at eachother. If they're identical then I also agree that pics of them mirroring eachother would be cute.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
LilOutlaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I did the best I could - one of them was very happy and the other did NOT want to be there, much less do anything I would've liked

Here are a couple of my favorites - just wanted to show ya! Thanks for all of your help!

(I did get lots of individuals, these are just favorite shots of both of them together!)

and then an outtake - one screaming in the background, one laughing and heading right for me!!

Thank you again for all of your help mamas!!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG!!! Those turned out GREAT!!! Esp for the first time you've worked with twins!! Big WTG mama!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
Jeb-O
Registered Users

I am SO in love with those photos! I want to save a few for my boys one year photos. I LOVE the bath idea.

Those twins are stinking cute too... their little chubby legs and the one with a pouty face.. OMG I am in love with those little beauties!
Jeb-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG- HOW bute are those babies? SOOOOOO cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMomOf2 View Post
Well I did the best I could - one of them was very happy and the other did NOT want to be there, much less do anything I would've liked

Here are a couple of my favorites - just wanted to show ya! Thanks for all of your help!

(I did get lots of individuals, these are just favorite shots of both of them together!)

and then an outtake - one screaming in the background, one laughing and heading right for me!!

Thank you again for all of your help mamas!!

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote