Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #151
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Not allowed on Field Trip if I breastfeed UPDATE

I'm glad that things were resolved and that the teacher and principal apologized.

Advertisement

My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #152
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
Formerly: MrsMommy0805
seller

My Mood:

That's great mama I'm glad it was resolved. Personally, I think everyone should be educated about breast feeding. I don't hide it from my kids, nor my step daughter or my nieces and nephew (not that my sister would want me to hide it). I think kids, even at a really young age, should know that breast feeding is OK and is good! Then it eliminates any discomfort in the future whether they're breast feeding or just see someone else breast feeding. Anywho, I'm glad everything got cleared up and I hope that the teacher watches what she says from now on!
PatchworkPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #153
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not allowed on Field Trip if I breastfeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyericsson View Post

furthermore, i don't cover when we NIP but still you can't really see anything anyway, so whats all this about popping out etc
.....and if someone doesn't like it then they can put a blanket over their head.

I had a mama on DS make me a shirt for DS that says "if you don't like me nursing in public, put a blanket over YOUR head"

I only NIP without covering up sometimes... But throughout the summer people will just have to deal with it. DS gets SO hot that he sweats if I cover him up sometimes. I'm not going to make my DS uncomfortable just to make some strangers more comfortable. He hates the cover anyway, he can't see anything! He gets bored! Maybe I'll bring my nursing cover along in public in case I get dirty looks and offer to cover THEM up with it until I'm done nursing

I've had good experiences around here though, with baby wearing (I get oohs and ahhs all the time, people saying "that's sooo cool!" and nursing (people saying it's so good for the baby, etc)...
Old 04-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #154
skyericsson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMommy0805 View Post

I had a mama on DS make me a shirt for DS that says "if you don't like me nursing in public, put a blanket over YOUR head"

I only NIP without covering up sometimes... But throughout the summer people will just have to deal with it. DS gets SO hot that he sweats if I cover him up sometimes. I'm not going to make my DS uncomfortable just to make some strangers more comfortable. He hates the cover anyway, he can't see anything! He gets bored! Maybe I'll bring my nursing cover along in public in case I get dirty looks and offer to cover THEM up with it until I'm done nursing

I've had good experiences around here though, with baby wearing (I get oohs and ahhs all the time, people saying "that's sooo cool!" and nursing (people saying it's so good for the baby, etc)...

I do have a sling that I use and that gives some privacy/security to zone into just us while NIP... KWIM? but not really cover. I agree with you, I have in the past covered a bit but found that DS gets hot and he will just start playing "peak-aboo-booby" wiggling around and getting upset that he can't "see" and then something WILL be popping out.....

OP so glad it's resolved
cosleeping, conservative yet extra crispycrunchy wife to my loving DH and sahm of our gorgeous princess sophia9/03 and cutie pie prince sven 8/07 and our beautiful sweet rainbow preemie born at 30 weeks Sång (pronounced "song")

Last edited by skyericsson; 04-21-2009 at 03:01 AM.
skyericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:51 AM   #155
kat1205
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I understand how it can be harder to watch a group of children while caring for a baby, but the bf comment was out of line. SS.
kat1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #156
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyericsson View Post

I do have a sling that I use and that gives some privacy/security to zone into just us while NIP... KWIM? but not really cover. I agree with you, I have in the past covered a bit but found that DS gets hot and he will just start playing "peak-aboo-booby" wiggling around and getting upset that he can't "see" and then something WILL be popping out.....

OP so glad it's resolved
peek aboo booby... Hehe.. I do like to nurse in my Ergo. Not only can noone see what's going on, I can do it w/free hands except the occasional readjustment. But when I'm sitting it's uncomfortable to him to nurse in the Ergo. I wear layered shirts so while one shirt is up, the other is down, so the only thing you can really see is just outside DS's mouth. I think that works pretty well Unless he's playing the latch on, latch off game