Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #41
Dahlea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not allowed on Field Trip if I breastfeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nini02 View Post
You have every right to breastfeed your baby at a park and she has no right to tell you anything different. I could see her maybe asking you to be a little extra discreet in front of the kids, but to say 'no' altogether? I would be mad.
Yeah that.

Advertisement

Mama to Zanthias (10/13) and wife to Drew, love of my life I offer snap services (including converting BGs and similar to snaps)! I sell Longaberger baskets! Join SB to earn giftcards! Due 8/10 with a surprise!
Dahlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #42
MT_ranch_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My hubby and I were at costco the other day and my DD was getting fussy. I took her to the bathroom to change her and figured she was hungry. I was holding her in my left arm as she nursed at the left breast. I had a nursing tank on and another long sleeved shirt over it. I didn't want to stand in the bathroom the whole time so I just walked around costco. I located my dh and we were walking and shopping for several minutes when dd was finished. I quickly clipped the clasp on my nursing tank when dh looked at me and said "I didn't know she was nursing...I thought she was just asleep." My point is that dh who sees me nurse ALL THE TIME didn't even realize what was going on in a public place. You don't have to have a nursing cover to be discreet and half the time, people don't even realize you're doing it unless there is obvious attention brought to the subject.

This shouldn't even be an issue.
MT_ranch_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #43
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I brought my guy when he was small to my former classroom and nursed him without a cover in front of the children (they were having a party and were all playing on the carpet as I sat on the carpet and nursed), no cover used and no issues. The children did not care.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #44
Ocean4Me
Registered Users
Formerly: ***ach

That's is just ridiculous!
Ocean4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #45
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would go in and talk to the teacher and give her the benefit of the doubt first. Something may have been misunderstood. If she still says no bfing, then I would go to the principal and hopefully things will get cleared up. Otherwise, just keep moving up the food chain
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #46
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

I would talk to the teacher first too, and go by her reaction.

Or, being the meanie I am, I would say "OK", and then go and BF him right in front of her. Just because it would by funny and there wouldn't be much she could do at that point.

I'm sorry mama, that sucks.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #47
allidave22
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't give a second thought about the teacher and would go straight to the principal. She was way out of line telling your daughter that breastfeeding is inapropriate to do on the field trip. It's not illegal to do it in public and I proudly bf my dd anywhere and everywhere. I'm sorry but what the heck do these people think babies ate before bottles and formula were invented. I mean come on. Breasts where made for feeding! People really need to get over it! If everything wasn't so sexualized bfing your baby wouldn't be such an issue. sorry for the rant it just really burns me!

allidave22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #48
Ocean4Me
Registered Users
Formerly: ***ach

Where do you live?I've never been to a nurse-in but lots of bf'ing moms could conveniently be at THAT particular park
Ocean4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #49
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have nursed my dd at Boy Scout summer camp, Cub Scout family camp outs, every freakin PTA meeting in the last 19 months for two schools, parks, museums, pools, malls, restaraunts, stores, cars, homes, hospitals, planes, and even a school field trip. The new policy at our district is no siblings of any age on a field trip where a parent is volunteering but I can go on the trip with my child in my own car and bring anyone I want with me. I understand them not wanting me to volunteer but I have and will continue to go on trips and you have to right to do the same. I would start with the teacher and then move up the hierarchy. GL mama!
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #50
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalDarkness View Post
Because heaven forbid a child see that breasts feed babies.....
so you're ok with women going topless in front of children then? how is a child supposed to understand that it's ok to see a breast if there is a baby attached to it but not ok to see a breast in any other circumstance.
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote