Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
leroi_de_larue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
CD Safe Diaper Cream w/ Zinc Oxide?

So, my LO is teething (again) and she's getting painful rashes from it (and the subsequent loose stools). I got fed up after Calendula Baby Cream by Weleda (my go-to cream) didn't clear it up, so I went out and got a tube of good ol' Desitin.

Well, the rash cleared up overnight. The stuff works great. But my GMs (which we use for nighttime) are stained yellow and my diaper laundry smells like a lake now!!!

Is this from the fish oil in the Desitin? Does anyone know of a diaper-safe cream that contains a high % of Zinc Oxide? Maybe one that doesn't contain fish oil (if this is the culprit)? Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Advertisement

leroi_de_larue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
mich1218
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: CD Safe Diaper Cream w/ Zinc Oxide?

It is the fish oil that caused the stink. Zinc oxide may stain your diapers, but isn't really harmful otherwise. Some people use Balmex without any problems, but others do get repelling. It really depends on your water and how it washes out of your diapers. Rash Magic has zinc oxide and is cloth-diaper safe, but even the WAHM that makes that warns it can stain your diapers. You can always use a liner to protect your diapers.
Snooty Booty Diapers-Code "swapper" for free shipping-Knickernappies, Softbums, Booroi, Bum Genius, GroBaby, Bottombumpers, Tiny Tush, Thirsties, Mommy's Touch & more!Cloth Diapers Made Simple blog-info,giveaways, reviews
mich1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
scokaiser
Registered Users
seller

I've used Desitin with a cloth wipe or fleece liner between the rash and the diaper. No transfer to the diaper= no problems!
scokaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:09 AM   #4
leroi_de_larue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokaiser View Post
I've used Desitin with a cloth wipe or fleece liner between the rash and the diaper. No transfer to the diaper= no problems!
Maybe that's what I'll do. I have a million cloth wipes. Thanks!
leroi_de_larue is offline   Reply With Quote