Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2006, 02:05 AM   #21
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which Britax carseat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soygurl View Post
Just out of curiosity, why are you planing on getting the Radian80 instead of the Radian65? For the infant padding or for the higher wieght limit?
Mostly for the extra padding... I'll be putting a newborn in one of them. I know there is not difference in harness height between the two. I may just get a Radian65 for DD... I'm not totally decided yet.

Advertisement

EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:11 AM   #22
soygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBun View Post
Mostly for the extra padding... I'll be putting a newborn in one of them. I know there is not difference in harness height between the two. I may just get a Radian65 for DD... I'm not totally decided yet.
Ok... just wanted to make sure you knew, lol!
soygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #23
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd get the Boulevard- no question!

Top tether use is recommended for ALL forward facing car seats since it reduces head excursion (how far the head travels forward in a crash). I don't think heavier weight Britaxes MUST use them until above 50 lbs (except the recalled Boulevard tether). JSYK, the recalled tether is more a standards issue, not really a failure issue. Tests actually showed the tether to preform better, but it did come open. Complicated, sorry. Newer Boulevards won't be affected.

Your 99 Mountaineer should already have anchors. Your 94 should be able to be retrofitted. Contact a dealer. As long as you can communicate your need I bet they'll know what you need and how to install it. If not, and you have access to a torche wrench it can be installed yourself. The palce to put the anchor is probably already in your van. You just need the anchor put there. Email me if you need info.

To the poster re: GMC- GMC IS to install one anchor for free. Email me if you need help.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote