Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
WeldonsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry I am so annoyed!

I just have to vent for a moment. My very first one here

Should I have to pay to send back a diaper that was purchased NEW and upon arrival a snap was broken?

Would you believe this has now happened to me TWICE by two different WAHM's in the past month? I sent the first one back to the wahm and I never even got an offer to reimburse my shipping or coupon for a future purchase or anything. I will NOT be shopping there again. Now this next wahm is doing the same thing. HEEELLLLLOOOOOO, this is NOT my fault! I literally took the dipe out of the package and checked all the snaps (I have learned my lesson) and one does not snap. Of course it HAS to be the last snap which is the one I need for my chubby boy. This diaper is useless to me! And that's not all, I received another * NEW * diaper from ebay that is shipped directly from the company and they sent me the wrong size. I got the "sorry about that, please return it and we'll send you another." email. WTH??? Why should I have to pay the shipping to send all these defective or wrong items back???

Urgggghhh!!!

Just getting tired of this. I understand it happens occassionally but good customer service is key. Here I am spending even MORE money plus waiting longer to use the items I purchased

Whew, I feel a little bit better now.

Lisa

Advertisement

WeldonsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:09 AM   #2
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am so annoyed!

I have no advice but wanted to offer Did you ask the mama to cover shipping?? I've found that an email to the mama stating exactly what's goin on can often clear things up I found this the embarrasing way. Hope ya get something figured out
Old 05-19-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
Melissa
Banned
seller

Wow! For me if the snap broke and it was even a few months down the road I'd pay for you to ship it back to me. Plus send some sort of something for your trouble.

I have had a mama recently though that wouldn't let me pay to ship it back, and you better believe she will get something in her package to compensate her for that when it goes back to her again.

I hope you get it all worked out.
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:18 AM   #4
Big Grown-Up Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had that happen 3 times and have had my shipping reimbursed twice. It was actually MOE that didn't reimburse me, but that time we had used it a few times before the snap fell off, so I consider that a grey area.
I think straight out of the package warrents full reimbursement.
Silly question, but did you ask?
Never hurts to!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
WeldonsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks

I didn't ask the first one because honestly, if it was me I would automatically offer something to make the person feel better kwim? Sure, it was only a few bucks but I already paid that the first time. If it was a damage done by the PO or something that would be different but this was clearly the work done on the diaper being poor.

I'm going to ask the other two if they will reimburse the shipping now but I'm not holding my breath
WeldonsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Let us know how it goes In general WAHM's ARE GREAT!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #7
Mugs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is one of the problems with online or mail ordering items. I don't know of any large corporations that will pay you to ship their defective item back to them but we expect WAHM's who don't make nearly as big a profit to do that? It was defective but if she is willing to repair it for free she will still have to pay herself to ship it back to you again.

Just may
Old 05-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #8
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually ask if the customer would like an extra when I ship the new item out. Not that this happens very often, but sometimes someone orders something then wants something different for one reason or another.

BTW Victorias Secret pays return shipping.

Last edited by Righteous Recycles; 05-20-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #9
mommyof2girls
Registered Users

I think you should ask them to pay return shipping. It's their fault it's defective. They know how much it's weighed, they have your PP addy..they can just send you the shipping, and fix it.

I think there is a forum to leave feedback on WAHM's.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #10
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had this happen twice too. I don't do business with them. It was under $2 each time, but I thought it bad service to not pay for shipping the item back. Guess that's a reason why I love Ruth at Snap-EZ. I've sent her items I bought used and she's fixed the snap.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote