Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #11
cosmic mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What would you make of this??

Quote:
us mama's can send it parcel, but it's way more expensive. my understanding from the mama's I deal with, shipping is the same whether to canada or the us, they just have to physically take it to the PO
Sooo, I understood that as: If they send it as a parcel from their house, it's super expensive, but it they take a drive to the po it's roughly the same price as shipping in the USA. Did I get that right?
Now if that is the case, how much more is it for them to ship parcel vs. first class mail? (Is shipping parcel WAY MORE expensive than first class?)

Advertisement

cosmic mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:43 AM   #12
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic mama View Post
Sooo, I understood that as: If they send it as a parcel from their house, it's super expensive, but it they take a drive to the po it's roughly the same price as shipping in the USA. Did I get that right?
Now if that is the case, how much more is it for them to ship parcel vs. first class mail? (Is shipping parcel WAY MORE expensive than first class?)
Yea that's right.
I think Parcel is like $20 but Im not sure, where first class is $3 ish
Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 AM   #13
cosmic mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm just trying to figure out why a women wanted $5 extra per diaper for shipping to me in Canada.I bought 2 which would of made it $10, YEAH ladies you read it right $10 for shipping 2 dipes. lol. And I thought she was being so nice giving it to me for $6. lol.
I'm not wanting to jump to conclusions here BUT, when first class is pretty much the same for USA & Canada and if 'the women' was sending it to me as a parcel, and the insurance/tracking is only $1.70 extra (I personally wouldn't call $1.70 too expensive to buy), i get the feeling I was taken advantage of.
I'm post partum and I know I can be unrational at times. So I'm wondering if this making sense to anybody else?
If what I'm thinking does make sense then how would you approach this situation?

Last edited by cosmic mama; 04-17-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:41 AM   #14
toodie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oops mom24babes. You are so right! Thanks for the correction, I completely missed that...

Thats what happened after a loooonnng day of staring at a computer screen!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #15
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out why a women wanted $5 extra per diaper for shipping to me in Canada.I bought 2 which would of made it $10, YEAH ladies you read it right $10 for shipping 2 dipes. lol. And I thought she was being so nice giving it to me for $6. lol.
I'm not wanting to jump to conclusions here BUT, when first class is pretty much the same for USA & Canada and if 'the women' was sending it to me as a parcel, and the insurance/tracking is only $1.70 extra (I personally wouldn't call $1.70 too expensive to buy), i get the feeling I was taken advantage of.
I'm post partum and I know I can be unrational at times. So I'm wondering if this making sense to anybody else?
If what I'm thinking does make sense then how would you approach this situation?
If she didnt get tracking or insurance than she shipped first class period.

Option 1 - The mama didnt know any better and she guessed at shipping
Option 2 - She wanted to get paid for the "extra" work that she did by going to the PO
Option 3 - She took advantage of you on purpose because your a newbie and you fell for it.

The problem now is that it depends on how things were worded when she asked for extra for shipping. Did she say that it was $5/diaper to ship to Canada without speficying how she would ship, did she say it was extra because she wanted to get insurance or tracking? If she didn't specify what the extra $5 was for then there's nothing you can do. I would ask her to refund the difference and see what she says.

Right now I would simply send her an email and say "Hi, since you were not able to send it with insurance or tracking then I am wondering if you could please refund me the extra shipping I paid" and see what comes of it.

Also I would see if you can find a "big sister" on the board, someone whos been around for a while and run transactions by her before paying if things dont seem right (like being asked to pay extra to ship here)
Old 04-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
cosmic mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
If she didnt get tracking or insurance than she shipped first class period.

Option 1 - The mama didnt know any better and she guessed at shipping
Option 2 - She wanted to get paid for the "extra" work that she did by going to the PO
Option 3 - She took advantage of you on purpose because your a newbie and you fell for it.

The problem now is that it depends on how things were worded when she asked for extra for shipping. Did she say that it was $5/diaper to ship to Canada without speficying how she would ship, did she say it was extra because she wanted to get insurance or tracking? If she didn't specify what the extra $5 was for then there's nothing you can do. I would ask her to refund the difference and see what she says.

Right now I would simply send her an email and say "Hi, since you were not able to send it with insurance or tracking then I am wondering if you could please refund me the extra shipping I paid" and see what comes of it.

Also I would see if you can find a "big sister" on the board, someone whos been around for a while and run transactions by her before paying if things dont seem right (like being asked to pay extra to ship here)
Great Advice. I will send her an email and see how it goes. I'm thinking there is a good chance she has never shipped to Canada before.
I don't want to assume why anybody would do something.So talking about this has REALLY helped. Thanks so much for the objective feed back. How do I find a big sister? You have great advice, do you have time to be a big sister?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Great Advice. I will send her an email and see how it goes. I'm thinking there is a good chance she has never shipped to Canada before.
I don't want to assume why anybody would do something.So talking about this has REALLY helped. Thanks so much for the objective feed back. How do I find a big sister? You have great advice, do you have time to be a big sister?
Thanks mama! And Sure Im always on here lol
Old 04-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #18
cosmic mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Check out what I just learnt.
When mail is sent to Canada the U.S.A. momma will get a free customs slip. There's a number on it that we can use to track the package to the border, through the USPS website.
Just a little bit of FREE insurance.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #19
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Check out what I just learnt.
When mail is sent to Canada the U.S.A. momma will get a free customs slip. There's a number on it that we can use to track the package to the border, through the USPS website.
Just a little bit of FREE insurance.
You just taught me something!! I was given that number by someone before but could not figure out what site I was suppose to use to track it!!! Next time Ill know its through usps!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #20
cosmic mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

'The woman' sent priority mail. So I guess I'll just have to eat it up. But for next time, I'll know better and ask for first class or parcel and the customs number

Last edited by cosmic mama; 04-17-2009 at 05:10 PM.