Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #31
Mommy2Gav
Registered Users
seller

Re: Extended swaddling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer View Post
That is a great idea! DD is 4 1/2 months now and grew out of the newborn halo swaddler a long time ago. I just keep stuffing her in hoping one day soon they will make a larger size. I will try the halo sleep sack with her arms stuffed in and see if it works.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2609016 Here are larger swaddle blankets. I used them until ds was 8 months.

Advertisement

ISO: Nook. Will trade goodmamas.
Mommy2Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #32
jacuzzicat
Registered Users

My Mood:

does anyone have any opinion about swaddling vs sleep sack? Should I use both or stick to swaddling and then switch over to the sleep sack. Expecting my first child any day and reading up on all of the great info from all of you mamas. Thank you.
jacuzzicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
whalvo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are the blankets I'm using with dd2 right now (5 months). They're super stretchy so you can get it good and tight. VERY soft too! Yeah, I've had enough of the MB.

http://www.underthenile.com/underthe...DetailBR73.htm

ETA: looking at this link, I'm thinking this isn't the same blanket afterall, but I can't find the one I have. It's rectangular and stretchy.

Last edited by whalvo; 04-21-2009 at 02:30 PM.
whalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #34
whalvo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacuzzicat View Post
does anyone have any opinion about swaddling vs sleep sack? Should I use both or stick to swaddling and then switch over to the sleep sack. Expecting my first child any day and reading up on all of the great info from all of you mamas. Thank you.
It depends on the baby. Some babies just don't like to be swaddled. The benefit to swaddling a newborn is keeping them from waking themselves up, since newborns have a reflex where they shoot their arms up on the air like they're bracing themselves. When I had dd2 the hospital actually suggested I not swaddle because of having blankets in the crib and SIDS and yadayadayada. I still swaddled both kids and am glad I did (and still do with #2). You can switch to the sleep sack if they don't seem to like swaddling, or when they seem ready to stop (fussing, breaking out a lot, etc.).
Old 04-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #35
Planet9Creations
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace View Post
I was just wondering..dd3 is now 4 months old and likes to be swaddled still. I'm fine with that because it makes her happy and I believe it helps her to sleep longer.
So, my questions are...
How old was your lo when you stopped swaddling them?
How did you know when they were ready to sleep w/o swaddling?
And, what did you use the swaddle an older baby? (I'm currently using a miracle blanket, but she getting so long I have to leave her legs out of the bottom pouch.)
My 2 yr old has sensory issues and still HAS to be swaddled to sleep. She does kick out in her sleep. We use a knitted/crocheted or fleece baby quilt. Non of my older kids EVER liked swaddling.

Last edited by Planet9Creations; 04-21-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: can't type can't type
Planet9Creations is offline   Reply With Quote