Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
justlindsay's Avatar
justlindsay
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,008
My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

Omg bahahahahah!

Advertisement

__________________
Lindsay, Wife to Jimmy , Mama to Braedon (8y) & Makenzie (6.5y) and sweet nephew Chris who lives with us (15y).
Lovin' My Job Rainbow Waters
justlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
napua's Avatar
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 12,102
Re: is it inappropriate?

I still nurse my son who will be 3 next month. We still NIP too...but I wouldn't let him carry that outside of the home. I do think it is funny, but definitely for in the house.
__________________
J+C=M+M
napua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
tessa_s212's Avatar
tessa_s212
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OH
Posts: 368
My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indysteffanie View Post
he grabs others womens breasts too, if they are holding him.

how would i stop that? he is only 15 months old?

he will take it in the car but daddy wont let it out of the car...i just dont see it as a huge deal
Bad behavior gets a consequence, every time. Just like everything else in raising children. Consistency. By no means am I saying child needs to be hit or anything, but a consequence must follow, or he'll go on thinking it is acceptable behavior. What the consequence is depends entirely on parent's choice of disciplinary practices.

In times past when a child grabbed my breast, my own or not, I got down on that child's level and sternly (NOT angrily) said "No, you should not do that. That is not appropriate behavior." That's usually when the laughing mother would be offended and wisk her "abused" child away from me. Lol
tessa_s212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #14
indysteffanie's Avatar
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Some where out there....
Posts: 1,218
My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa_s212 View Post
Bad behavior gets a consequence, every time. Just like everything else in raising children. Consistency. By no means am I saying child needs to be hit or anything, but a consequence must follow, or he'll go on thinking it is acceptable behavior. What the consequence is depends entirely on parent's choice of disciplinary practices.

In times past when a child grabbed my breast, my own or not, I got down on that child's level and sternly (NOT angrily) said "No, you should not do that. That is not appropriate behavior." That's usually when the laughing mother would be offended and wisk her "abused" child away from me. Lol
the grabbed dont seem to mind, they all know he is a breastfed baby....

now if he were older, i might be a little more worried about it, but he is still a baby.
__________________

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
I Smile Because Of Them's Avatar
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
Posts: 17,252
My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indysteffanie View Post
the grabbed dont seem to mind, they all know he is a breastfed baby....

now if he were older, i might be a little more worried about it, but he is still a baby.
He is still a baby. A breastfed 15 month old grabbing someone's breast isn't bad behavior. It's normal.
__________________
Michelle, mama to Genesis, Abram and Juliette
I Smile Because Of Them is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
justlindsay's Avatar
justlindsay
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,008
My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

Eh my 5.5 yr old occasionally when upset will attempt to put his hand down my shirt because he breastfed until 4+yrs. I dont think this is bad behavior, if you arent comfortable with him doing it, I would just ask him not to do it everytime he does it. But at 15 months, most people probably understand he is breastfed. To a breastfed baby, a breast is no different than an arm or leg and they think they are for children (which technically they are) so this is why they dont even think twice about doing it.

ETA- My son doesnt touch other peoples breasts anymore, I think he understands each kid gets their own set of boobs (their moms) LOL. My daughter also does this BTW, but she is younger. 4 yrs and only stopped nursing about 1 yr ago or so as well.
__________________
Lindsay, Wife to Jimmy , Mama to Braedon (8y) & Makenzie (6.5y) and sweet nephew Chris who lives with us (15y).
Lovin' My Job Rainbow Waters

Last edited by justlindsay; 04-19-2009 at 03:52 PM.
justlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
My Sweet Blessings's Avatar
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 10,045
Re: is it inappropriate?

I would allow the ball only in the house. I think it would be inapproriate outside the home.

As far as a 15 mth old grabbing boobs.. um.. they do that. breastfed or not. They are still "babies" and will grab all sorts of things. My oldest grabbed boobs. He only had the breast his first day of life (BF issues and got expressed BM after that). My youngest is 19 mths and STILL breastfeeding regularly. He has never grabbed anyone else's boob. come to think of it, he hasn't even grabbed mine unless he is in the process of nursing. When he wants to nurse, he pokes me in the chest way above my boobs and says "want that". he's never intentionally grabbed at someones breast (I don't count a hand resting naturally on someone's chest when they are holding him on their hip.)
__________________
Join Citrus Lane for a surprise box every month, cancel any time. First month $15
Join Swagbucks and earn free gift cards!
Check out 10DollarMall where everything is under $10 .. clothes, shoes, handbags, etc!
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
indysteffanie's Avatar
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Some where out there....
Posts: 1,218
My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlindsay View Post
Eh my 5.5 yr old occasionally when upset will attempt to put his hand down my shirt because he breastfed until 4+yrs. I dont think this is bad behavior, if you arent comfortable with him doing it, I would just ask him not to do it everytime he does it. But at 15 months, most people probably understand he is breastfed. To a breastfed baby, a breast is no different than an arm or leg and they think they are for children (which technically they are) so this is why they dont even think twice about doing it.

ETA- My son doesnt touch other peoples breasts anymore, I think he understands each kid gets their own set of boobs (their moms) LOL. My daughter also does this BTW, but she is younger. 4 yrs and only stopped nursing about 1 yr ago or so as well.



exactly this.

that is why i think the ball isnt a huge deal either.

i will probably keep it an in the house toy...just to please the hubby...but i still think its funny and he loves it.
__________________

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
tessa_s212's Avatar
tessa_s212
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OH
Posts: 368
My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

Some may consider it normal, but I feel a child that old can understand me when I say No, and I personally would never allow my child to do that to someone else. I do plan to breastfeed(though certainly not that long) and although I'll know my baby will see my breasts as feeding machines, a child old enough to understand words and walk will not be tolerated grabbing other women' breasts. How uncomfortable that'd make them feel. I never appreciated it, and I'd never be one of those parents that let an older baby or child do the same as I sit by laughing. (Not saying anyone else does, but that has been my experience and I won't be one to ever do that.) IMO, there comes an age when it is no longer an accident. There comes an age when a child knows only his/her mother feeds him/her, and it is inappropriate to be grabbing other women' breasts.

If it is only friends/family members and they are fine with it, and you feel he's still to young to teach that it is innapropriate behavior, that is fine and I personally have nothing against that. I just wouldn't allow it myself is all, and that is the way I'd go about fixing the problem and nipping it in the butt with my own children and with any other child that grabbed my breast.
tessa_s212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #20
KaleidoscopeEyes's Avatar
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 14,811
My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

Yeah I wouldn't take that thing out of the house LOL
__________________
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.