Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #21
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: is it inappropriate?

I personally wouldn't let him take the ball out of the house. People could think he accidently got a hold of one of your "adult" toys, or a gag gift or something.
As for boob grabbing, if he's doing at an inapporpriate time (with you) then put him down and say "no, we don't touch boobs unless we're nursing." He is still young, so I think at this point, it's not a huge deal, however, you'll want to nip it in the bud, and starting earlier would be better.

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
JennS
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Smile Because Of Them View Post
He is still a baby. A breastfed 15 month old grabbing someone's breast isn't bad behavior. It's normal.
Even formula-fed babies grab a boob every now & then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa_s212 View Post
I do plan to breastfeed(though certainly not that long) and although I'll know my baby will see my breasts as feeding machines, a child old enough to understand words and walk will not be tolerated grabbing other women' breasts.
I mean this in the nicest way possible, is this your first baby? I was like that before DS too. now he's 19months old, we EBF, & he has put his hand down someone elses shirt a couple of times & she just pulled it out & laughed, I just don't know that a stern "No that is not appropriete behavior!" would mean anything to him, he's a BABY.

I probably wouldn't let DS take the ball in public, but if I saw a baby with one I would probably just think he must love his milkies
Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
JennS
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just curious, where do you even get a ball like that?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #24
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by napua View Post
I still nurse my son who will be 3 next month. We still NIP too...but I wouldn't let him carry that outside of the home.

Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
bethryan2659
Registered Users

I'd probably leave the ball at home...just because I wouldn't want to deal with dirty looks from other people lol.
As far as the boobie grabbing...not a big deal to me. My almost three year old still does it. I don't want to make a big deal out of it for two reasons. One because when I make a big deal out of something, she sometimes does it more for the reaction. Two because I just don't see it as a big deal or even inappropriate for a young child. Young kids haven't been exposed to the sexualization of boobs so to them it is just another body part. I am in no hurry for that to change for my kid.
bethryan2659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #26
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is hilarious. I wouldn't care, personally but in my opinion boobs are for babies and it's no different than carrying a bottle around.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #27
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

that TOTALLY looks like a boob! i don't think i'd let my kiddo take it out of the house

on the boob grabbing note, i don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as he's not sticking his hand down anybody's shirt and grabbing. i seriously doubt he's even intentionally grabbing the boobs, they're just right there when he's being held. i remember my ds used to sort of knead my chest with his loose hand whenever i carried him and i would just gently move his hand or put my finger in his hand or something like that if it was a situation where i cared. i'd say gentle redirection would work if you're worried about it...i know i don't take offense when other kids grab my chest while i'm carrying them...

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #28
TestifyToLove
Registered Users
seller

Oh the things *my* children were never going to do

I would probably let my BABY take that ball out of the house with him. But, I suspect so would DH. 15 months is still a BABY. If you want to talk about approriate, the ball is probably not appropriate out of the house. But, I'd probably still let him have it. But then, I have a nude on my mantle and nursing babies hanging in my foyer.

Most women in my children's lives thought it was great that they could hold my babies, who cared if they were finding comfort in something an older child should not. My 2.5 year old may have gladly laid her head on any chest that came near her at 15 months but she'll only do it with mine now. My 8 year old still lays his head in my breast when he's upset. Something that has always given comfort doesn't stop giving comfort. Children just learn which people to stay far away from because their mean.

By 2-3 the only women other than me that my children would go near the chests of was their well endowed grandmothers, niether of which ever minded and were just tickled that in some small way they could remind my extremely attached infants of me.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #29
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennS View Post
Just curious, where do you even get a ball like that?
a flea market in florida!

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #30
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ah let him have his boobie ball.