Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

The BITING!!!

*SIGH*

The biting. I cannot take it. It hurts so much... it makes me scared to offer my breast to my little nursling.

She's only 10 months old. I'd planned to continue nursing her for as long as she wanted it... but I can't take the pain. It makes me want to wean her like YESTERDAY. I guess it's worse simply because it's intentional

She's turned into a big meaner anyway... but my boobies... Why the boobies?

I'm not going to wean her. I just wanted to share. My nipp-lies hurt and I'm sad

Advertisement

Last edited by luvmybaby333; 04-19-2009 at 07:52 PM.
luvmybaby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Frogjump
Registered Users

Re: The BITING!!!

My DS does this now and then. I think most BF babies do. If my DS is chewing on me instead of nursing then we are done for that time. He would rather have full access to me so he doesn't do this very often.

Now the climbing and twisting and turning feet in my face nursing that's another story.

Don't give up just keep working on her she'll get the idea. Maybe she's teething and her mouth hurts. I tell this to myself when me son bites and I'd like to scream.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogjump View Post
My DS does this now and then. I think most BF babies do. If my DS is chewing on me instead of nursing then we are done for that time. He would rather have full access to me so he doesn't do this very often.

Now the climbing and twisting and turning feet in my face nursing that's another story.

Don't give up just keep working on her she'll get the idea. Maybe she's teething and her mouth hurts. I tell this to myself when me son bites and I'd like to scream.
We've went through the biting thing before. We worked through and she's knows it isn't acceptable.

I know it's from teething, She did it when her teeth first started to cut through... and now she's cutting several in at once and I know it hurts her. But she knows better than to bite me.

Tonight it was especially bad. She was latching on and biting hard-- she wouldn't let go!

I can deal with the curious nibbles... I can deal with the alligator rolls, the slapping, the pinching, and the kicking. I've been dealing with her crazy nursing habits for 10.5 months straight. But this painful and mean biting doesn't just hurt my nipples-- it hurts my feelings. I know she's doesn't mean to be "mean." However, she has gotten increasingly aggressive lately and likes to slap and stuff as a game. For her to take the meanness to our boobie time (beyond the normal slapping, pinching, and haripulling) just really makes me sad.

I was nursing her a minute ago and I thought I was going to have a panic attack. I kept watching her intently. I had my finger positioned right next to her mouth so that I could pry her off of me if I needed to; which made her mad. I don't want her to feel like I don't trust her, but I don't

She's my baby girl. I just want her to get over this and feel better with her teeth so that we can resume our semi-normal nursing relationship. I'll take hair-pulling over nipple-biting any day. LOL
Old 04-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
BumChums
Banned~Multiple accounts~ mum2b3 and Bumchums
seller

My Mood:

your so right LMB333. im also dealing with a biter scracther pincher twiddler and it hurts me physically and emotionally and because it hurts so much it upsets me for a few hours because im sore. it sometimes wants to make me cry. but i dont want to give up !! argh... i wish she would stop x
BumChums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby&i View Post
your so right LMB333. im also dealing with a biter scracther pincher twiddler and it hurts me physically and emotionally and because it hurts so much it upsets me for a few hours because im sore. it sometimes wants to make me cry. but i dont want to give up !! argh... i wish she would stop x
It's so tough.

When she bit me last night and latched on like a bull dog... that was probably the worst. Usually I will let out a loud *yelp* or "Ow!" and she will let go. This time she just bit down harder and I had to pry her off. She was looking right at me and refusing to let go

DH had to come get her because I started crying. I cried for a good half-hour after that. I am PMSing, but really-- my feelings were HURT (and so was my nipple!) I eventually calmed down, but every once and a while my nipple would rub the wrong way in my shirt and it would remind me again. Not to mention, DD kept signing for milk and I was trying to ignore her because I was too scared to put her close to my breast again. Of course, I broke down and gave her milk once I thought she *really* meant it and would be less likely to bite me... but my heart was pounding the whole time.

I don't like being afraid of my sweet baby

Mama. I don't want to give up either-- especially not before her first B-day. But it IS hard. I wish our little biters would stop.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
rissamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have / had a bitter, he seems better lately and he is almost 1. But right around 10 months he was bad I mean BAD... there were a few times it hurt so bad I had to take him off give him to dad and leave the room. But we made it through and we seem to be better but I would take him off imediatly and put him on the floor so he knew it was more than a break

OFF topic but your little girl and my almost 13 year old share a name I love the name aurora!!

, babywearing, getting crunchier by the day!
rissamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissamama View Post
I have / had a bitter, he seems better lately and he is almost 1. But right around 10 months he was bad I mean BAD... there were a few times it hurt so bad I had to take him off give him to dad and leave the room. But we made it through and we seem to be better but I would take him off imediatly and put him on the floor so he knew it was more than a break

OFF topic but your little girl and my almost 13 year old share a name I love the name aurora!!
Thanks mama

I love the name Aurora too. There was never any question as to what her first name would be-- we always knew it would be Aurora. My first DD (not by my current DH) would have been named Aurora, but I switched it up mid-pregnancy just to spite her "sperm-donor" Now I'm super glad that I waited. Aurora was simply meant to be Aurora
Old 04-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
amys742
Registered Users

My Mood:

In reading your postings I am thanking God that he didn't give me biters. I BF both kids beyond teeth, and they never bit me a single time. Bless your heart, makes me cringe to think about it.
amys742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amys742 View Post
In reading your postings I am thanking God that he didn't give me biters. I BF both kids beyond teeth, and they never bit me a single time. Bless your heart, makes me cringe to think about it.
My first DD wasn't bad at all, maybe once or twice out of curiosity and that was it. Of course, she was such a sweet little nursling... always calm and lovely. *sigh*

My YDD-- notsomuch. lol

I was so embarrassed yesterday. My younger cousin was visiting with her newborn (whom she FFs) and the baby bit me while I was nursing in front of her. You should have seen the look on her face. I'm sure she was remembering all the times during her first pregnancy that I tried to convince her that babies don't bite while breastfeeding
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
jennak
Registered Users
seller

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem
DD just turned 10 months on Saturday, and she's been biting the crap out of me for a couple weeks. It's not every time, but MAN it HURTS. She has TEN teeth too. OMG i hate it.