Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
kukoo
Registered Users

My baby girl has tiny feet- advice?

My dd is 11 months and we got her fitted today and she is a european size 18 or us 2.5. Have your kids ever had that small of a foot? Where can I find shoes?

Advertisement

kukoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Re: My baby girl has tiny feet- advice?

I have always been under the impression that soft soled shoes are best until 2ish years old, so I would go with Robeez, or Pedipeds or something similar. Just get the 0-6 month size.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

yup 0-6 fits a size 2 pretty well, 6-12 would be more ideal for a 3. I would go with a 6-12 just to be safe - its not like soft shoes are a problem if they're a little big
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
kukoo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitchell98 View Post
I have always been under the impression that soft soled shoes are best until 2ish years old, so I would go with Robeez, or Pedipeds or something similar. Just get the 0-6 month size.
E/o says something diff. But it will be summer and she will play outside but soft soles aren't for that,a re they?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD was about that size when she was walking (size 3) at 14.5 months (which she stayed that size until she was like 20/21 months). We found shoes at Payless and Walmart. Target also has some really nice softer shoes with soles on the bottom. You will probably have to use the 3's, since I don't think 1/2 sizes come that small (and plus I have read that children can have shoes that are a tad big on them).
Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
gromit0299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son had small feet until he started walking. My friend called him "carnie feet" for a long time. He was in a 3-3.5 at about 12 months, but now at 2, is nearly a 7.5 -8, depending on the shoe. My theory is that they don't need big feet before they walk, so their feet are generally smaller. Granted, genetics also plays a role in that too. If she's not walking, put her in Robeez or the like. And then softer soles until she's walking well enough.

The advice on this is conflicting. I kept him in Robeez (well, target brand, I liked them better than robeez. They were roomier) until about 13-14 months and then moved him to shoes with softer soles. Stride Rite has some good ones and another one of my favorite brands has soles that are really really flexible, and that's See Kai Run.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

IDK. My ODD had tiny feet. She wore a size three past her first B-day. IDK where you would find walking shoes that tiny though. You may want to just stick to soft-soled shoes (like Robeez) for awhile. What sweet little piggies

My ODD still has very petite feet for her age. Once thing I noticed is that when she goes through her growth spurts her feet seem slow to catch up. For awhile she will have "outgrown" her feet. She usually stumbles a lot and trips often during this time. Then all of the sudden she will skip a shoe size and be semi-graceful again. The only reason I mention it is because your DD may go through a foot growth spurt shortly. I wouldn't rush out and buy her a $100 pair of tiny shoes just yet. lol

I think my ODD skipped a size 4. She was in size 3 (and I went and bought her a bunch of 4s in anticipation) and then she went cleanly from wearing her 3s and transitioning to her 4s-- to only fitting in size 4.5 within like a week.

Good luck with your tiny-footed little princess

Oh yeah: and just for reference... MY ODD is 6-years-old now and she is still in a size 11 Toddler. Most kids her age are already pushing into "kids" sizes.

Last edited by luvmybaby333; 04-20-2009 at 01:06 PM.
luvmybaby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
Jillarin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

E is 13 months and easily fit a size 3, you aren't the only one. I've learned that she much prefers to be bare foot though. It's much easier for balance/feel for the floor.
Jillarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #9
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

target has size 2 soft soled pre walker shoes they are under $10
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
kukoo
Registered Users

thanx so much