Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #11
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't think I was cut out for motherhood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
1/2 of me would love another one and 1/2 of me would if I got pregnant again. I can't even handle one baby crying for 60 seconds, I would probably go insane if I had two
That's sort of how I'm feeling right now!

Some days I'm thrilled that we're having #3, and then days like today, where my energy is just GONE and I'm not motivated to do anything, and my patience is worn super-thin, all I can think is "oh no, what have we done?!"

Thank god DD is so easy going most of the time. She only whines when she's tired, which is usually a good sign it's time for a nap - so just as soon as I start getting frustrated I get a break

Advertisement

EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 AM   #12
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

same here, but mine hasn't been a couple weeks. lol Well yeah, I guess it has, the new stressor anyway. lol
Miranda thinks it's great to spit juice/milk/etc all over the carpet or beds.. Great.
It angers me so much i just wanna spank and spank and spank. It's funny since i've done the complete opposite and just trying to ignore it now and not make a big deal of it. Since she loves the attention it brings. I clean it up and go back to doing what i was doing without letting her know it bothers me.

This is going from SCREAMING about it for 20 minutes and then Telling her about it for a couple minutes and then a time out. None of it worked. Oh and i did pop her in the mouth once just to see if it would have any reaction.. nothing.

So now she's lost all Drinks. Yes, i let her drink of course, but no where but sitting on me. she can't walk around with them anymore. I then put them up on the counter or in the sink. saves me from cleaning.

when miranda was little she would scream for no reason. ugh.. it was horrible. I hear ya there. she still does it. It doesn't mean you weren't cut out for motherhood. I tell my mom miranda is doing something that bothers me and I get in return, "well she's just a baby" like i'm thinking of punishing my 8 month old. That Pissed me right off. I can't tell my mom she does anything "bad" because my mom will say, calm down, she's just a baby. and I'll say, well if you like it so much how about you come get her. let her spit all over your carpet.

It's like god forbid I get angry with her.

Grr.. lol sorry for the hijacking. lol I hope we both feel a little better now.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #13
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was feeling this way for a lonnnng time (very, VERY irritable). I finally gave up and talked to my GP and got zoloft. I feel like it has helped me. Although, I know meds aren't for everybody and I don't know what's kosher with breastfeeding.

Last edited by jls~Kain~Drake; 12-12-2006 at 03:04 PM.
jls~Kain~Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #14
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It could indeed be the AF/BF thing. I just had 2 weeks just like what you described, then got AF and feel a bit better. Anyways, you're not alone! I feel every day like I'm not cut out for this...there are just those of us that can only take a little bit and others that can have 8 kids and be happy as larks! That's ok!

One thing that is helping me is I am getting up early to go exercise by myself. I'm with DS 24/7 with no help, and that seems to cause a lot of pent-up frustration. I find that starting the day out with some endorphins really helps. I've been doing it for about a week and the one day I missed I was a total crank the whole day. Not sure if that is something you already do, or if that would help, but thought I'd offer that suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I feel like a bad mom lately...
I really can't stand crying or whining and it's not like she cries very much at all but when she does I am so annoyed and I just want to tell her "be quiet baby you are bugging me!!!" I don't know what it is, I am so irritable lately and it's not just the baby, the dog makes me so angry. The dog will whine or get in my way and I get SO mad I feel like I want to hit her (which I don't believe in doing). Maybe it's this whole AF while breastfeeding thing I seriously feel like I have been PMSing for 2 weeks straigh and I am just exausted all the time and feel sick. I love to hold my baby and alway have her close to me and I know that I have been putting her in the intellitainer thingy too much lately. DH and I have been talking about what it would be like to have another baby lately (just talking about it, not considering it) and 1/2 of me would love another one and 1/2 of me would if I got pregnant again. I can't even handle one baby crying for 60 seconds, I would probably go insane if I had two . Anyway thanks for letting me vent, I guess I just need to try and relax or something.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #15
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Thank you all so much for your replies. It makes me feel better to know what I'm going through is common and that you all can relate. I do not think I have ppd, but as I have read in a lot of other mama's posts lately, I think I'm just getting to my breaking point as far as having her attached to me every second of the day and non stop breastfeeding. It seems like this is a common thing around this age for some reason. She's also teeting, and frusterated because she is starting to want things but can not communicate to me what she wants. I am also still ajusting to being at home with a baby all day instead of being a full time studed. I decided that it was too much for me to do both right now so I'm taking time off until next fall and I am feeling guilty about it and anxious to get school finished. Thank you to the poster that suggested I have my thiriod checked. This problem does run in my family and my mother is a wreck without taking her thyroid pills, I will probably have it checked next time I go to the doctor. Also than you for the play date Idea. I don't have any friends who have babies, or any friends that I go out and do things with really, I have kind of become reclusive since Whilder was born. DH does have a friend from work with a baby a little older than Whilder and I think I will have him call her and see if we can all get togehter. Thank you so much mamas
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #16
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Congratulations! You're officially a Mommy

We've all been there. I'm there right now. Noah is so NEEDY these days and I'm sooooooo tired. He still wakes at night, I'm pregnant and just want to sleep. When I'm this tired, I'm super duper irritable and have ZERO patience. And I always want to kick my dog, too. Poor Belle

Try to get some time out of the house. Go for walks. Try to get some time to yourself. Keep trying the bottle so you can feel like you can get away for a few hours and she won't NEED you. The 1st year is always the hardest for me. Babies take a lot of time. I love my children more than anything, but i will be the first to admit that I enjoy them more when they're a little older and are more "fun", kwim? Maybe you're the same way.

Hang in there!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #17
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I think we've all been there momma! I know I've been there a lot lately.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #18
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess as a mom of 5 I've learned to just work with it. Don't get me wrong, I have a breaking point and fussy babies get me there a LOT faster! But I do know I had PPD and that played a roll in it. I have been on Zoloft again since August and it really has helped. Anyway, good luck! I know its not the greatest weather but even just going out for some fresh air might do you both some good!
Old 12-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #19
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

I had thyroid problems BAD after DD#1- don't chance it have it checked!!!!! It will turn everything around if thats the problem!! Doctor says I'll be on thyroid hormones the rest of my life but I'm okay with that as long as I never have to feel that way again! I am me when I'm on the throid hormones and ONLY when I'm on the thyriod hormones. AND don't think they are like antidepresants they are not at all!! I was on antidepresants when I was a teen and I was NUMB all the time I didn't cry anymore but I didn't laugh either. DO NOT let a doctor talk you into a antidepresant unless he does a TSH and a FREE T 4 check first!! Also you gain weight if you need thyroid hormone! If you are doing that too - thats a sign! Search hypothyroid symptoms on the internet. I am hypo there is also hyper too- but I doubt your hyper.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #20
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We all feel like that sometimes. My dogs constantly hump each other and it drives me nuts!