Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #21
lutgen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't think I was cut out for motherhood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliyahsmommy View Post
I had thyroid problems BAD after DD#1- don't chance it have it checked!!!!! It will turn everything around if thats the problem!! Doctor says I'll be on thyroid hormones the rest of my life but I'm okay with that as long as I never have to feel that way again! I am me when I'm on the throid hormones and ONLY when I'm on the thyriod hormones. AND don't think they are like antidepresants they are not at all!! I was on antidepresants when I was a teen and I was NUMB all the time I didn't cry anymore but I didn't laugh either. DO NOT let a doctor talk you into a antidepresant unless he does a TSH and a FREE T 4 check first!! Also you gain weight if you need thyroid hormone! If you are doing that too - thats a sign! Search hypothyroid symptoms on the internet. I am hypo there is also hyper too- but I doubt your hyper.
same here. ONLY when I am on my synthroid are things better. I am on a fairly high dosage of .2 - BUT I do have a friend who completely cut out soy and is seeing an amazing difference and was able to go off the synthroid...

Advertisement

lutgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #22
lutgen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also wanted to add - that your hormones may take a while to bumb around. With DS I didn't feel that way until 5-6 months, then BOOM depression, anger the whole ball of wax. Don't assume because it didn't happen right away that it may not be PPD
lutgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #23
adrocksmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynjacy View Post
We all feel like that sometimes. My dogs constantly hump each other and it drives me nuts!
That made me
adrocksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #24
penny13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel like that too sometimes....I guess we do have the best and the hardest job in the world...

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY ETSY STORE: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=25410
penny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #25
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

All of us have been here at one point....
The first year is always the hardest... always

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #26
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't read any of the other responders but:

Do you get time to yourself each week, or on a regular basis? DH makes sure I get a couple of hours each weekend to do whatever I need to do. This makes a huge difference in how good a mom I am the rest of the week.

Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:12 AM   #27
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Remember what a wise mama once told me--

You only have to love every OTHER minute of being a mommy.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #28
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

mama... I think all of us have days like that. It doesn't mean you weren't cut out to be a mother, it just means you're normal.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #29
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

awwww kaela!!!! i wish you hadn't lost your cell phone you silly girl or i'd call you!!!!! once you do find it remember whenever you're feeling this way...WHENEVER!! call me! i'm always here (b/c i'm a crazy hermit i think ).

this does NOT by anymeans mean you're a bad mommy....it means your not part of leave it to beaver LOL. i tell ya i've had my moments where i've wanted to beat the snot out of my kids...i actually enjoy the baby stage best when they can't rip apart a house in 3.5 seconds lol. had moments where i've found them racing cars through... factor here....their own poo and wanted to rub their noses in it...again i didn't lol...just crazy mommy moments...moments where you think WTFH IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?!?!?! then you stop and wonder WTFH IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?!?! but alas....nothing is wrong w/us, kids should just all be locked in a padded room not really. but honestly how droll would my life be if i didn't find dustin standing in the kitch digging through the trash...or dustin sitting in the living room wearing a slice of bologna like a hat...or dustin and aj making their own peanut butter and sugar crackers while the ENTIRE bag of sugar is dumped on the floor at their feet....or aj drawing self portraits on the couch in pen.... yes i have a very entertaining life, and your's has just begun....

seriously, yes kids can be irritating...kids can be disgusting....but kids are a blast!!! they can take you from the largest amount of anger you think you will ever feel to hysterical laughter in about 3.5 seconds....who else can do that for you . being a mama is truly an adventure one will never forget...we have the simple joys in life, just remember that. anyhow i babbled and don't know if i even helped any

call me if you ever need anything, i'll be here for you!!!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #30
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Aww thanks Lacey... LMBO at the blogna hat!! I found my phone in a pile and it's charging now...I will call you tonight if I can!!
& Baby Xo Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote