Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 AM   #31
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I don't think I was cut out for motherhood...

HAHA! You guys crack me up! Boy did I need it too!!!

I wonder if a Bologna hat would fit me!

Advertisement

Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #32
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Don't worry Kaela you are not a bad mommy! I think I feel like the worst Mommy in the world right now (you know why)! I am pretty sure I beat you!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #33
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

A friend of mine put it this way: it's the toughest job you're ever going to love.
kgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #34
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsd View Post
A friend of mine put it this way: it's the toughest job you're ever going to love.
Definitely agree with that! I love being a mom more than anything!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #35
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynjacy View Post
We all feel like that sometimes. My dogs constantly hump each other and it drives me nuts!

Kaela, you could be telling my life story! There are times when I want to pull all of my hair out because of the things DD does, or the whining and crying for no reason (which really get to me in the car). And then I look down and think "What have I done? How will I handle *2*????"

Then there are days where she's a cuddle bug. When everything she does amazes me. When all I want to do is stay right there with her forever and not do anything else. I try to think of those days when I'm having the annoying days.

PPD is a definitely possiblity. I had a bad case of it last winter when DD was 6/7 months old. Adjusting to being home could be it, too. I'll probably go out of my mind next month when I make that adjustment (and I, too, have no friends with kiddos so I'm working on making some). Getting fresh air or a change of scenery does help immensely though.

You're cut out for mommyhood! You're just stressed right now.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #36
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Thank you for the reasurance mama. I am seriously thinking about going back to school in January instead of waiting until next fall like we planned. I don't know if that would be a rash move, kind of a one extreeme to the other kind of thing, but I feel like I need something to do every day to save my sanity!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #37
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i haven't read through everyone's responses but i just wanted to add some
Being a mom isn't great everyday, but it still is great.
I have learned it's especially hard to see the light when you are sleep deprived. Sleep deprivation does crazy things to a person.
Anyway, i don't know if anyone has mentioned this but i know exercise does amazing things to my mood. it's like once i get some exercise i took a bottle of happy pills or something because suddenly the sun shines and the birds are singing again!

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #38
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Thank you for the reasurance mama. I am seriously thinking about going back to school in January instead of waiting until next fall like we planned. I don't know if that would be a rash move, kind of a one extreeme to the other kind of thing, but I feel like I need something to do every day to save my sanity!
I can tell you from experince that I started back up in school when mikey was 6 days old...granted it only had to go a couple hours a couple times a week..but it was good for me....My mom was able to watch the baby and I felt like a real person again...I find myself sinking lower into seclusion when Im not in school and then I get back out there and I feel like "me" again...If I were you Id probably go back in January...you obviously really want to do school and nothing says you have to take a full boat take part itme or something......test it out see how you feel...I just knwo for me it made alllll the difference to go back and finish..i felt like my life kept going and I accomplished something....or else *for me* it would have felt like everything came to a screaching halt if I kept waiting to go back to school!! Im in grad school now but its online so I dont have to worry about babysitting I actually really like it cuz I feel like Im always getting to use my brain..lol

Last edited by mistylaureena; 12-14-2006 at 01:18 PM.
mistylaureena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #39
CakeMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I feel like a bad mom lately...
I really can't stand crying or whining and it's not like she cries very much at all but when she does I am so annoyed and I just want to tell her "be quiet baby you are bugging me!!!" I don't know what it is, I am so irritable lately and it's not just the baby, the dog makes me so angry. The dog will whine or get in my way and I get SO mad I feel like I want to hit her (which I don't believe in doing). Maybe it's this whole AF while breastfeeding thing I seriously feel like I have been PMSing for 2 weeks straigh and I am just exausted all the time and feel sick. I love to hold my baby and alway have her close to me and I know that I have been putting her in the intellitainer thingy too much lately. DH and I have been talking about what it would be like to have another baby lately (just talking about it, not considering it) and 1/2 of me would love another one and 1/2 of me would if I got pregnant again. I can't even handle one baby crying for 60 seconds, I would probably go insane if I had two . Anyway thanks for letting me vent, I guess I just need to try and relax or something.

i have been feeling the same way! i don't know how old your little one is, but i think it's just the age my ds is at. he's just learning that saying no or crying, whining gets him attention and it drives me BONKERS! i think being preggo doesn't help the situation b/c i'm worn out between taking care of him and working. hang in there, this too shall pass!
CakeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #40
pingumel

i have been feeling the same way!! this morning i woke up Bawling and so sad when DS got me up at 5:30a! i couldn't understand why this 5:30a should be any different from every other 530a morning. it was like a twig snapped or something. it's not AF (that was last week) or BF hormones (stopped 5 months ago) either. i've also been lucky enough to have some mommy time this week (had a knitting group last night, went grocery shopping Alone a few nights ago, ohh the luxury). i'm actually looking forward to the upcoming holidays, unlike the past 20 christmases (long story). so i couldn't figure it out. you mamas make me feel better.