Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 AM   #41
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lemme see your stash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitzmarj View Post
Wow, there are a lot of you mammas that donate. That's awsome! Since I have so much in my freezer I have been considering it. I have been to the milkshare website but it says to be a member you have to pay the $15. Do you have to pay the $15 if your a donor? I don't want to pay the fee to find out there isn't anyone in my area that needs milk. Just curious!
im a donor and didn't pay anything to be a member

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #42
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow! I thought I had a lot of milk-Look at you mommas go! I thought I would be returning to work full time so I pumped a lot! Then my hubby said I could sah:-) I have no idea how much I have because every week I clean out the freezer and drop it off at my mom's house-she had a big deep freezer=. Now I pump every morning and evening just so I can get out of the house once and awhile-I'm still able to freeze about 6 oz a day:-)
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #43
proudmommaof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have about 400oz. In the deep freezer right now. My LO refused a bottle up until recently so I am sure not all of it is good (she's 8 mos.) now. She just started taking some breastmilk from a bottle and that's only because my nips were sooo sore from a growth spurt where she was nursing every 2 hrs.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #44
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 30 oz in my freezer but the rest of my stash goes directly to a friend's son. I see my stash in his fat rolls every morning!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #45
AddysMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if any of you mamas want to Donate to my daughter that would be WONDERFUL we can only do pickup locally, near portland oregon, cause we dont have extra funds for shipping.
all of you pumping moms are amazing to me, especially the donors, since i can only make a few ounces each day, and cant produce for a pump at all.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #46
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristens1mom View Post
I didn't even think about freezing flat! It would definatley store better! I'm gonig to start. I'm glad the OP posted this thread! It's good to know that there are many other mamas out there!

And to bepure8, awesome!!!!!!
Aww. I use to think it was a curse of mine to have such a humongus supply. Once I found out about donating it it put a whole new perspective on it.

Yes. Freeze it flat. Much easier to store. I now have 80, 6 ounce bags in my deep freeze. (4 shoe box sized .. or shoe boxes.. boxes filled with 20 each) The mama hasn't been buy to pick it up yet. She's still working on the last batch and hasn't got the turkey out of her freezer yet. No room.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #47
Nealy
Registered Users
seller

I only have about 20 or 30 ounces in the freezer right now. I was pumping more than I am now, because I have oversupply and forceful letdown, so I was having to pump before every feeding or the baby would refuse to latch on. Now he's a bigger baby with more experience and can handle the fire-hose-like spray of milk, so I just pump when he takes a long nap or loses interest right after letdown, or if I'm going to be out at his bedtime for a meeting or something.

When I was pumping all the time I accumulated so much milk that I donated about 100 ounces to a nearby mama with low supply.

I would post a picture, but you can't actually see the milk, since it's currently sitting under a pile of frozen dinners from Dream Dinners.

Edited to add that, Tiffany, I'll be passing through Portland probably next week on my way from Seattle to Eugene (watching my sister's three-year-old while she gives birth), so maybe I can drop off a few bags with you! It won't be much, because I'll be out of town this week without my pump, but every drop helps, right?

Nealy
mama to
DS 12/9/02
DD 2/26/06
DS 12/12/08

Last edited by Nealy; 04-28-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Nealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #48
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

I only have 5 oz frozen in the unlikely case that I'm ever away from DD when she'd be hungry, but this post has me all excited and now I want to pump more! Maybe I can find a local mom to donate to...
Old 04-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #49
Len27
Registered Users
seller

sigh...I had a meager little stash in the side of the freezer door but DD never did take to the bottle unfortunately. It broke my heart, but I had to pitch it all when we moved across the province. It was like throwing away liquid gold! Fortunately it was only a few bag's worth, but still.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #50
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I can take pictures now! I need to get it all sorted in my bins and I'll be back with a picture!
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote