Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How many diapers do you have for your twins?

I'm just curious how many diapers people have for their twins, and how often they do the laundry? I just recently quit doing the "diaper service", and now have about thirty diapers. I'm doing the laundry every 3 days. Up until last week, I was washing every night, as we only had 10 diapers!

Advertisement

33andunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
CouponMama
Removed from FSOT. Do not buy or trade with.

Re: How many diapers do you have for your twins?

I don't have twins, but I would say that you need about 8-10 diapers a day per baby, so assume 10. So that would be 20 a day! I would want to have atleast 40 so that I could wash every 2 days. If you want to wash every 3 days you would need maybe as many as 60.
CouponMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
e-dub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do paper diapers with infant twins and a toddler. Diaper laundry was kicking my butt, and I quit.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
PsychicSandwich
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm just starting CDing and I have about... 11 diapers of different varieties coming my way (2 OS BG, 1 organic BG, 3 FB, 1 HH, 4 gdiapers that I plan on using cloth inserts with) and I also got a bunch of prefolds and 2 fleece soakers. I'm hoping to see what works best with the twins and then I'll increase my stash accordingly.

I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner. I'm sure we'll be out of diapers in a year, but a year is still a long time! Plus, I'll be super prepared for the next baby (if there is one). I was a very overwhelmed FTM living in an apt. building with coin machines where I had to go down to the basement to do laundry. Now we have a house and our own machine, and I'm no longer overwhelmed with new twins, so we're in a much better situation to CD.
PsychicSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear you - I'm not sure we could have done it in the beginning. We would have had all three in diapers! Now that life has calmed down, I know it will be do-able. We are slowly building up a stash. We have 17 BF, 1 BWX aio, 2 BG3.0, 10 thirsties fabs, 2 motherease bambo, 5 bamboozles and 4 WAHmM made hemp dipes. Were still trying to figure out what will work best for us. AIO seems easiest, but I'm in love with wool covers, thus the need for fitteds. My big problem right now is that the boys weigh about 16 pounds. It's sometimes hard to buy the medium diaper that they don't really fit yet!

I have learned that laundry every 3 days will not be a reality. I cannot sit there watching those diapers pile up, knowing how much ammonia is sitting in there!

Last edited by 33andunder; 04-27-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
Outnumbered
Registered Users

My Mood:

We probably have about 50-60 diapers. I tried going 2 days between washes, but that's just way too many dirty diapers hanging around and they weren't getting as clean because there were so many in the washer. I just wash every night when I get home from work. Ours are mostly OS pockets, with a few sized pockets mixed in.

Come Swag with me!
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay! I ordered another 12 diapers. Let's see how that does for us. I'm still sort of working through this. Thirty definately is not enough, and I'm quickly finding out that I have "fave" diapers. Thank goodness I'm only diapering the two of them - I'm turning into an addict!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
DanelleB
Registered Users
seller

I have 3 dozen prefolds and 9 covers. I can usually go a day or two between washings--basically whenever the bucket gets full or I need more covers, whichever comes first.
DanelleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
Jeb-O
Registered Users

Right now I have 10. lol

I am really working on my stash, but having trouble deciding what to buy initially!!
Jeb-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sounds like me a month ago - Definately do your research. I knew I needed cloth and I was pretty sure I wanted fitted, but thanks to the great moms with great advice we have gotton dipes that are working great for us! The first set of diapers I bought before discovering DS have been rehomed (thank goodness)