Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #11
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Attn Non-Vax Mamas

I vax my kids... but I agree with delayed vaxing. well...not too much delayed. My dd is supposed to have 4 shots today, which IMO is too much for a baby to handle...so, I space them out. She's gonna get 1 today, 1 next week, and 1 every week thereafter.

I believe that vaxs do work; but not for everyone, but that's a risk I'm willing to take...especially since we travel a lot, and not just within the U.S. We travel to different foreign countries where some of the diseases that don't exist here, do exist there, kwim?

Advertisement

momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #12
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started with the plan to wait until miranda was 2 years old. Years ago in china.. maybe Japan.. hell, let's just say Asia, They went from Vaccinations starting at 2 months old to nothing until the child was 2 years old and it wiped out their SIDS cases. They brought it down to 3 months old and the sids cases Returned. That's one of the things that Made me decide to start at 2.

I was never vaccinated. Honestly, Vaccinating my child seems really Foriegn to me. I decided on the 2 year mark because The immune system is almost all the way developed by then. I figured if she could handle vaccines at all, she would handle them better then. Oh and DH didn't agree with me. when the time came it was going to be Delayed then and Separated and ALOT of them I wasn't even planning on doing.

Miranda is over 2 years old now. I don't plan on vaccinating her for anything anymore. I got to the point where none of them sounded worth it. The ones I did plan on doing, sounded silly. Either thier effectivness was Crap so it wasn't worth it. Or it was some simple little thing like Chicken pox that they blow all out of the water to make sound really scary.

I also found out yucky ingriedents like Formledahyde Or vaccines being grown on monkey organs or Fetal tissue, and while i have nothing against that, I do have something against possible Traces of DNA of those things in the Vaccines.

Vaccines aren't for me. I think everyone should really look into vaccines, and anything else before they go injecting something into thier child.

We've also had quite a few reactions in my family. This is why I wasn't vaccinated in the first place. Well one of the reasons.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #13
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

We don't vax. There is a WONDERFUL video linked to in my siggie. Warning: It is an hour and a half long. But if it's something you're serious about, I feel an hour and a half of time is worth it when your child could possible lose their life.

*ETA* For those who don't have the time to watch the video, I wanted to hit a few key points...

- Dog breeders are finding that over several generations, vaccines were causing issues such as sterility. So who knows what you could be doing to your great-grandchild be vaxing your children.

- There is a lady on there who brings up charts of the declines of the diseases in the world. The truth is, vaccines actually SLOWED the rate at which these diseases were already disappearing.

- Children are being exposed to the vaccines for certain diseases at ages when the diseases can be devistating, but if the child were to get the disease naturally, he/she would be at almost no risk of contracting it at that particular age.

Last edited by KnottyLDSMama; 12-13-2006 at 11:27 AM.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #14
rylan'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 100% vaxed. It didn't even enter my head for a second not to vax. It is just my belief that vaccines are protective for the child and society as a whole against sometimes fatal diseases, IMHO
Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #15
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have done alot of research on it and I still havent come to a complete conclusion. Until I do, there will not be any more vaxs.

Sorry, but does anyone have the actual vaccine package inserts from the box? You know the papers with the medical jargon all over it? My doc will not give them to me. All the docs and nurses Ive discussed this with really have no clue imo. They just insist that it is all safe... blah blah blah. I want to know what is in the vaccines!! I do not aggree with the use of animal or let alone aborted fetal cells being used to grow the vax or be injected into my kids! I think that could be a deciding factor in what I will allow. I think alot of what I have read is somewhat old, so I want to know the truth...its seems hard to find.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:45 PM   #16
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionnecherub View Post
I have done alot of research on it and I still havent come to a complete conclusion. Until I do, there will not be any more vaxs.

Sorry, but does anyone have the actual vaccine package inserts from the box? You know the papers with the medical jargon all over it? My doc will not give them to me. All the docs and nurses Ive discussed this with really have no clue imo. They just insist that it is all safe... blah blah blah. I want to know what is in the vaccines!! I do not aggree with the use of animal or let alone aborted fetal cells being used to grow the vax or be injected into my kids! I think that could be a deciding factor in what I will allow. I think alot of what I have read is somewhat old, so I want to know the truth...its seems hard to find.
One of the links in my previous post has the ingrediants to every vax. Can't remember which one, but the one I said was "anti-vax."
Old 12-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #17
katiedidbug
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks, mamas. I found the links very helpful. I also watched some of the video. I got Stephanie Cave's book yesterday at the library, and I started it last night. I think I'm leaning toward waiting until he's two to vax. Does anyone know what the doctor will say? Will I have to search to find a doc to wait until he's 2? Those of you who delay, what has been your experience?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #18
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Ped (whom we don't really care for) doesn't like that we don't vax and is annoyed when we come in and say we won't vax him. BUT, she just said that for her safety, we'll have to sign something saying she informed us of the risks of not vaxing and that we understand and are free to go back and get shots anytime. It's just safety for her in case one of her kids caught something and the parents wanted to sue, kwim? I don't mind it at all. We're switching, but for other reasons.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #19
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

DS was vaxed from birth up til 6 months, however I am no longer going to continue. I am still in the process of researching it all but I made the decision along with his father that we will be stopping til he is at least two. I am skipping out on his well baby visit this month because I don't want to get hassled by my ped about it.

There were a lot of good links posted on here. I think it's great that you are researching this with an open mind. I am not as passionate about vaxing as some mamas are, and in the end I really don't care if you vax your child or not, but the fact that you are even considering your options is wonderful.

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #20
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our pedi was very good when we quit vaxing, but I know not all are. Just for reference I have been seeing this pedi since I was a child, and he promotes co-sleeping, gentle discipline, child led weaning, late intro to solids ect, so he is probably just more open than others. When I took ds2 in for his 2 month appt he asked about vaxes and I told him we wouldn't be getting any. He asked if we were just waiting or if we wouldn't vax at all. I told him none at all and there has been no mention of it since. So you may be suprised by your dr response. If you have trouble lots of mom's have luck using a Family Practitioner as opposed to a pedi. Good Luck.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote