Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #21
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Attn Non-Vax Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
... It's just safety for her in case one of her kids caught something and the parents wanted to sue, kwim?
I wanna comment and I am not trying to debate anyone here... just wanna point something out in the above "logic". If the vaxes worked, and the other kids/patients are vaxed, then what is the big deal they won't get it right... you should be able to sue if your kid gets something from theirs...they are the "protected" ones, right?

KWIM??

ETA: it's your choice in the long run - the doc may or may not have a reaction. You can go else where (or not at all ) if you choose to. You can always call ahead to your docs office (as a "new patient") and ask if they see non vaxed patients. Also - as pp said - I have heard positive things about general practitioners as well, as their practice $ isn't wrapped up in vax money..
Kepp researching!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by moonphishers; 12-14-2006 at 04:38 PM.
moonphishers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:28 PM   #22
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was going to say that you might tell the Dr. that you had reactions as a child... That would be a good excuse.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:37 PM   #23
katiedidbug
Registered Users

My Mood:

My doc is supposed to call me tomorrow, so I'll find out then what she says.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #24
A'smommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Thanks, mamas. I found the links very helpful. I also watched some of the video. I got Stephanie Cave's book yesterday at the library, and I started it last night. I think I'm leaning toward waiting until he's two to vax. Does anyone know what the doctor will say? Will I have to search to find a doc to wait until he's 2? Those of you who delay, what has been your experience?

We delayed. I did a lot of research but came up with no hard-and-fast answers. To me it seemed the bottom line was "I/We don't know" and that the many questions could only be answered through research...which of course has to be funded by someone. (And it's not likely to be the drug companies, KWIM?)

Generally, I *believe* it's safe for *most* kids, and the evidence *seems* to bear that out. Unfortunately, no mama wants to hear that her kid drew the short straw, so to speak. That's why I wanted to do DD's one at a time, and spread out, to check for reactions. I had planned waiting til at least 1 or maybe 2, too, but DH and I compromised. We were to start at 6 months. I wasn't worried because she wasn't going to be in any group-care settings. I started earlier because it was just too much for me to keep up with, since DH was gone for weeks, sometimes months, at a time, and it was just too much for me not even to have a break. I compromised to "catching up" because I hated making extra appointments only to be stuck in waiting rooms with sickly kids (presumably exposing my healthy babe to God knows what). Then I compromised to "one at a time in each leg" to check for redness, etc. She never had a bad reaction to anything---no fever, no redness, no swelling, not even fussy! (Thank God!) I was so relieved!

The pedi didn't agree with us but DH went with me in the beginning and we had already agreed to make our plan and stick to it. Seeing both of us made a difference I think. They gave us a lot of extra reading material (most of it from the CDC). But in the end they respected our decision, probably because we said we were delaying, not refusing---and because I have a family member with juvenile-onset diabetes (which is possibly an auto-immune thing). The younger pedis are usually more willing to listen to concerns about vaxes, in my experience.

We're all caught up now and overall DD is *extremely* healthy. I would feel better about vaxing another DC (if there ever is one, God willing) because she fared so well. However, if she had had a bad reaction, I might think differently.

GL, mama, and I hope this helped!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #25
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son isnt vaxed and my new baby wont be either unless something happens where its absolutely forced, no way around it. my mom has lupus, and there are quite a few other diseases vaxes can help to bring out and/or make worse and besides the ingredients themselves and my issues, as well as my theories on them..no.

i just dont trust them, and i think there are better ways to help in treating of diseases then to shove who knows what into tiny children over and over again.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:59 AM   #26
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

We don't vax because I am more afraid of the ingrediants in teh vaccine than I am of the diseases.

Our immunologist believes that my Hep B series caused me to devleop Crohn's Disease. Then, when Sierra was born she basically had my immune system (as babies do at birth) so when they gave her the Hep B vaccine in the hospital it was like her body was receiving a 4th dose. It overwhelmed her system causeing a cytokine explosion in her liver. She died in my arms 18 hours after receiving the vaccine.

At the very least vaccinces should be delayed and given individually 2 months apart. At the 2 motnh check up the CDC recommends that babies get 5 sticks containing 7 diseases. If your baby is 10 pounds it is the equvilant of giving a 150 pound adult 105 doses.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #27
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

If you go here http://www.vaers.hhs.gov/scripts/data.cfm and download the vaers database Sierra's Death Report is Vaers ID #217975

Here is the discription of reaction

Quote:
Patient began snorting and flaring her nostrils while breathing about 1 1/2 hours after vaccine, nurses assured us it was normal. Jaundice and lethargy began to set in around the same time and again we were told it was common and to have her checked by the peds the next day if it was worse. We were discharged to home where she continued to display above symptoms. around 3:45 am on 01/18/2002 she stopped breathing, CPR was performed by her father and then the paramedics arrived, she was taken by ambulanc
It should finish with -
to the ER where she was shocked, injected with epinepherine, and finally declared dead at 4:23 am 50 hours and 1 minute after her birth, 18 hours after receiving the vaccination

Last edited by mommyto3girls; 12-15-2006 at 11:32 AM.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #28
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

something else, i DID demand to get the inserts for the vaxes they wwere trying to give him at 6 weeks. i got looked at l ike a nut, and then tolod they didnt know what i was talking about, then the nurse finally figure \it out, went and dug around in the fridge, and gave me 2 of them, now dont ask whats in them, theyre in my 'suitcase' which is buried in my closet, behind my dressers (dont ask LOL) so i cant go listing off what it says or anything, though like pp said, you can look online and click a couple links given and it will show you whats in them.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #29
katiedidbug
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mommyto3girls, I'm so sorry for your loss.
My doctor's nurse called back and said they would refuse to see him if he didn't vax. Every other doctor I called said they wouldn't take him either. I have a pediatrician at my church, so I called his office, and I'm waiting for his nurse to return my call.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #30
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we dont do well baby visits anymore. But not very many peds will see kids who are not vaxed. we do not vax at all either.
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote