Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #21
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What exactly does vitex do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMamma38 View Post
I've tried Vitex--but I didn't notice positive effects,in fact I became annovulatory for a 3 month stretch that ended w/ a bad case of mastitis! I was not bf or had recently weaned a child when I got it out of the blue.
It was crazy!

Now I just did 4~55mg capsules Soy on cd#3-7 and today had my opks go bfp on cd#13! Unheard of for me!

I usually get bfp opks on cd#18-19,w/ my latest being on cd#26-27!! My earliest cd for + opks was previosly cd#17.Last month my opks went bfp on cd#26! That was 1 LONG wait.

I'm a believer now and if I dont get a bfp this cycle,will definitly be doing Soy again.Nature's Clomid rocks!
I take my Soy at bedtime on cd3-7.It lessens Soy headaches a bit.
Brilliant! I love the sound of it. I am fairly sure my bf is what is causing me to ovulate so late, and have a LPD, so if there is something i can take to make me ovulate earlier... this could be it. I have been reading a few things about the vitex on this and other forums, and quite a lot of people have not had good results with it. I also saw on another forum that 75% of people got a bfp on their first month on soy!! And most people seemed to get a bfp within a few months, so it sounds really good. I am glad I am learning about all this stuff now, I am definitely going to start supplements and charting WAY earlier next time round when I want to ttc, not wait until I am 7 months down the track after ppaf and still not pregnant. Interesting that you would get mastitis though out of the blue, I have never heard of that before!

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #22
juliek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm gonna try some of this soy now too... But you ONLY take it on days CD3 & 7? Then vitex after you O until you get a Positive then stop taking everything? Is that right? And what about the B complex can you take that every day and while pregnant?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:46 AM   #23
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I see mentions of soy, too. I tried that as well. It made my cycle WACKY and I spotted throughout most of it (hasn't happened before or since), so I am certain it's not for me.

Oh, and Clomid didn't do anything for me either (except I developed OHSS and ended up in the hospital).
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #24
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You take the Soy on cd's #3--7(each of those cd's) or cd#5-9,like you would on Clomid.HTH.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #25
BootyGold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMamma38 View Post
You take the Soy on cd's #3--7(each of those cd's) or cd#5-9,like you would on Clomid.HTH.
So why one set of days over the other? Is there some benefit to taking it early or later?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #26
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliek View Post
i'm gonna try some of this soy now too... But you ONLY take it on days CD3 & 7? Then vitex after you O until you get a Positive then stop taking everything? Is that right? And what about the B complex can you take that every day and while pregnant?

This is what I have found, Julie:
------
So after all of that, if you think that the problem is O or your estrogen levels than soy isoflavones(taken like Clomid at the beginning of cycle 120-150 mg). If it seems the problem is your LP or progestrone than Vitex (175 mg taken entire cycle, discontinue once pregnant.
-------
Because vitex and soy counteract each other, I am going to take the soy on CD3-7, and then take the vitex after I O, to see if it helps with the LP. B6 can be taken all through your cycle. Do you have a short luteal phase or do you know? Do you ovulate late in your cycle? It really depends as to what will work best for you.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #27
juliek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks jen... I haven't had a really 'normal' cycle in so long i don't really know if i ovulate late or early or what? Has for my luteal phase i don't even know if it's short or long- not even sure how to figure it out

I guess i'll try and look it up.

I just found a neat website that has some info on what herbs/vitamins are good for ttc/ during pregnancy/ and post pregnancy. Might be helpful

http://www.naturalark.com/herbpreg.html
Old 04-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #28
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootyGold View Post
So why one set of days over the other? Is there some benefit to taking it early or later?
I have no idea, I remember reading something about why you would take clomid on day 3-7 vs day 5-9, so I assume it's for the same reasons. Look in clomid club....
Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #29
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took mine on cd#3-7 because I wanted to o earlier than my usual late o's.

I forgot why you'd go for cd#5-9--maybe stronger o? It's in Clomid club thread I believe.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #30
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I also started taking soy this cycle (#3-7).. I am just on cd 4 now so I still have 4 doses to go! I did have a massive headache this morning, but it went away with a couple tylenol. I can't wait to see how everyone does on the soy!
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote