Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #31
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What exactly does vitex do?

Yeah Soy will give ya headaches--that's why I take mine at bedtime to help lessen that effect.

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #32
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I took mine at bedtime too.. it's hard to tell if my headache was from it, or if I was going to have one anyways because I had a headache yesterday before I even took any kwim? It would be worth it to get a better ovulation so good luck to all of us!!! Maybe we should create a new thread on this?
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #33
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Ok mama's here's a new thread on the soy isoflavones! Soy Isoflavones Cycle Buddies
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #34
matthollycart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, i have a question. i am taking vitex, but i don't have a cycle yet from bf. i am interested in trying the soy, but how can i without a cycle since you have to take it on specific cycle times? i never get a cycle until my babies are weaned, so what can i do?
matthollycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #35
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I think you can try the soy to bring your cycles back. You can take the soy anytime (since you don't have cycles yet) for 5 days straight, and see if that kicks in the ovulation. But before you take it I would recommend bbt charting for a week or so, so that you can determine if it does cause you to ovulate and what it does. I am not sure if you have to do this, but personally I would wait out that first cycle, just chart and make sure everything seems normal, and then try on the second cycle. I am not a medical doctor or an expert in this! But this is just what i would do. Apparently vitex also helps to bring cycles back, and it might be a little gentler. And you can't take both at the same time, they counteract each other.

Last edited by jeebee; 04-28-2009 at 11:29 AM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #36
matthollycart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks! i have started taking vitex a few weeks ago, still waiting om AF. so i guess we'll see. thanks!
matthollycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #37
Liz08
Registered Users

Hmm, I have actually never heard of taking soy before for ttc. I will have to look into that some more. We are looking into the vitex. We had a clomid baby the first time around, but are hoping for a more natural route this time. I've only read excellent things about vitex, so I think we'll go that route. From what I have read, it can start to work on some people early on, but typically takes about 3 months or so to really take effect and regulate your cycle. But I've read some great statistics on how it increases ovulation in women who weren't previously ovulating, and increasing overall fertility. I'm looking into Femaprin, which is a good brand and is very affordable.
Liz08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #38
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started taking Vitex in November because my cycles are super wonky (one will be 40 days, next will be 70, then maybe 30, it's irritating...) and have seen improvement since starting it, my last two cycles were both 36 days, which is better than 70! The reason they say you shouldn't take it when pregnant is because it encourages the production of Progesterone by encouraging the pituitary to produce more LH and inhibit FSH (it does other stuff too, just depends on what you read I guess :P, best bet is to see a naturopath), which can be good actually at preventing m/c the first little bit of pregnancy, but then has the opposite effect later on, so if you do get pregnant while taking it you should wean yourself from it in the first couple weeks. We just started ttc #1 this month so we'll see if it really does help with that, at least I can now figure out when I O and it's more often! You can read at babyhopes . com, thay have an article there about it (sorry, won't let me post links yet!) or see a naturopath, they'll best be able to answer your questions! Good luck!
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote