Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: It happened again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xMommy View Post
No real advice, but don't feel bad. When my Kyla was a baby (very small), I fell asleep with her in the bed with me, and when I woke up in the morning, she was GONE! I freaked, panicked, you name it! I finally found her, sound asleep, UNDER my bed!!!

This was 10 years ago, and I'm still traumatized!!! So, see, it can happen to anyone!

That is something I have done LMBO! It is amazing how freaked out we get huh?

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 09:36 PM   #12
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborin View Post
using the crib as a sidecar (just put the one side down all the way and the lock it to the bed).
That's what we do and it works great for us!

Quote:
No real advice, but don't feel bad. When my Kyla was a baby (very small), I fell asleep with her in the bed with me, and when I woke up in the morning, she was GONE! I freaked, panicked, you name it! I finally found her, sound asleep, UNDER my bed!!!

This was 10 years ago, and I'm still traumatized!!! So, see, it can happen to anyone!
Oh...my...gosh!!! I'm traumatized for you!!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #13
reborin
Registered Users

My Mood:

1. it prevents more SIDS than any other preventative measure.
2. it keeps your milk supply up by allowing you to nurse on demand.
3. it's fun
4. you'll never have to worry about whether he's hot or cold, if he sparks a fever you'll know it right away, and if he vomits in his sleep he'll never suffocate.
5. perhaps not quite as serious, if he poops his diape at night you'll know that too lol!
6. it helps him to sleep better because he knows you are near and feels comfortable and supported. And your baby will know that too lol!
7. it's only for such a short time - by the time he's a big boy he'll be DONE w/his parents and all their weird sleeping issues hahaha!
8. it makes sex more adventurous.
9. co-sleeping is the most popular form of sleep for children around the world. ONLY in westernized "civilized" countries is it considered somehow taboo.

whew - that's all I can come up w/on short notice. I think Dr. Sears talks about it too, though. Try his website for more ideas! Good luck!

PS - I can sleep w/ds, but dh can't. ds wakes up a LOT w/dh because he's so big and shakes the bed when he rolls and he snores like the ****ens! Dh and I sleep together sometimes, and ds sleeps on his own in the double bed in his room (w/one bedrail now). And sometimes I sleep w/ds - depends on who has colds, and whether my bed has been puked on recently lol!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #14
Merisong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

From another view.. When I was 3 or so, I fell down between the bed and wall once (the bed looked pushed against wall but wasnt) but fell so slowly that I didnt wake up, the next morning I woke up disoriented under the bed and behind boxes to my mom frantically yelling/looking for me... This is one of my very earliest memories! I laugh now but I bet if I asked my mom about it she would still be traumatized! Its also one of my most favorite childhood stories to tell hehe
Merisong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #15
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahs_mommie View Post
LMBO! Noah does this on a weekly basis! But he now slides down like he is trying to escape. BUt really Noah fell off te bed so many times I often worried myself over it but hey if this the worst that happens you are LUCKY!
LOL that's Jackson too. We have our bed up against a corner wall so there is only the bottom and one side open and dh sleeps on the outside so he is either stuck between us or between me and the wall.....but he has managed to fall off a number of times and well hey it's not that bad, he has survived.

I love cosleeping!! I am sad thinking about our next and having to transition Jackson out of our bed maybe this summer

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:27 AM   #16
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I recall when my oldest was only about 3 weeks old, we were co-sleeping and I remember crawling across her to be next to DH because the left side of my body was falling asleep. Well, about an hour later, I was dreaming about something trying to push me from the front and so I push back and I can remember consciously hearing this sound of something sliding down the wall, then a crack of something hitting the baseboard and a wail. I had pushed my own DD off the dang bed!!!!!!!! Holy cow I didn't sleep for the next three nights (ok, felt like it anywayI and I felt like the worst mother. The distance was not even a foot, and she landed on a blanket but that crack of the baseboard was the worst. (it ended up being loose so when she hit it, the sound of it slapping the wall was the sickening part... she was totally ok, more frightened at the sound and my reactionary new mom screech, kwim?). That memory still makes me feel bad...

I'm glad your little one was ok! And yep... we're wired for heartattacks each time. I have three and I haven't calmed down yet when it comes to falling off beds/couches/stairs/whatever they want to climb on that they can fall off of.

lots of hugs to you mama... hope you're feeling better this evening!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:42 AM   #17
Tasha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first time my oldest DS rolled off the bed I called 911 All the SP's showed up and the base FD, the city FD and the EMT! And then they looked at me like I was crazy for calling 911! I freaked because he fell asleep right after it happened, and they were just like "Uh, Ma'am it's 11:30 pm, maybe he's just tired." (Now that I think about it, it must have been a slow night for EVERYONE to show up)
Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:54 AM   #18
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborin View Post
and if he vomits in his sleep he'll never suffocate.
neither with the parents... and the only sound in this world that will make two adults in a sound sleep fly out of their bed faster than the speed of light is a baby vomiting in their bed.

nchambon... that is hilarious!!! Not for you when you were going through it... but still, that's hilarious! yeah... they all must have been having a slow night...

Last edited by dirtdartwife; 12-14-2006 at 12:56 AM.
dirtdartwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:36 PM   #19
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies I do feel much better! I think I figured out how he did it, cause as I said there was no "thud" lol yesterday he was sitting on me on the sofa and turned around, grabbed my shirt, and slowly slid himself down!!! lol lil stinker
Old 12-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #20
Tasha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
neither with the parents... and the only sound in this world that will make two adults in a sound sleep fly out of their bed faster than the speed of light is a baby vomiting in their bed.

nchambon... that is hilarious!!! Not for you when you were going through it... but still, that's hilarious! yeah... they all must have been having a slow night...
Yeah, now it's all , but that night

Gavinsmommy, I'm glad he figured out a smoother way to get down!
Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote