Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Honduh Chicken
Registered

My Mood:
Finally met my first CD out in public!

We decided to try a new grocery store yesterday afternoon. It's not quite a co-op, but an "employee owned" store, whatever that means. well we were walking down a center isle, and I almost ran over a little baby boy who crawled out from behind a stack (not her fault, her DS just took off like a shot, she was quickly chasing after him).

So she picked him up, really embarrassed, I gave her the courtesy smile and noticed that he had a giant poof ball behind him! Then I noticed that mama looked rather crunchy, and he was wearing booties with peace signs on them, THEN I noticed that she had a bunch of earth friendly product in her cart "7th gen stuff, etc" so I took a stab in the dark and broke the ice and said "He's adorable (segway).. do you cloth diaper?

At this point I was either expecting to be slapped, or get a confused look, but she actually looked kind of shocked and said YES.

We talked for a few min, she recognized the Amber Teething Necklace and asked if DD "used it" ever, so I explained to her how it's not supposed to go in the mouth blah blah.. but anyway, I was shocked to finally meet another fluff butt (especially in Milwaukee).

Advertisement

Knitting, CD'ing, Family loving, Earth loving, Diaper sewing Daddy!
Honduh Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
2boysforme!
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Finally met my first CD out in public!

How nice! I would love to meet someone around here who CD. I am a new CDer and I have been getting some strange looks... I have also had problems finding any CDs in any stores! Even the health food stores dont have any!!!
2boysforme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
mystimomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Soo jelous .. I want a crunchy irl friend
mystimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
Honduh Chicken
Registered

My Mood:

Gotta flaunt your CD's Every time you're out and about make sure they're visible! All though, most people aren't crazy like us, and prob wouldn't be as excited to see another CD baby.

We have a problem, remember?

Knitting, CD'ing, Family loving, Earth loving, Diaper sewing Daddy!
Honduh Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote