Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #381
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will Tuesday be Terriffic or Terrible? Tune In, Basic Mamas!

Sweet dreams to you too Jennifer xxx

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #382
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
cool! shipping is ever changing here....I forgot to tell you before...my mom's Stepmom (my Grandmother) is from Germany....I remember staying with her when I was younger and watching her sew...she could sew anything under the sun...She's the one that taught my mom who taught me...She taught us how to read, cut paper patterns...and my mom tought me that she hates patterns and makes it up most of the time....my mom's Dad's family was from the Czech Republic, my mom's real mom is from Italy and my mom's stepfather was from Greece...I have to say that I wish I my mom's stepmother would have taught me German...I love different languages...she taught my cousin some stuff....

well it's really late and I'm really tired....
My dad lived in Germany for two years (religious mission in Frankfurt) and he speaks it fluently, and writes to distant relatives of ours in France who speak German. But I stink at it . I'm working on ASL instead.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:06 AM   #383
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Hi mamas! Hoping to get to chat a bit this afternoon, I miss you guys!

Now DS has been asleep for almost an hour and I'm still sitting here on my butt instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing during this nap, namely exercising, showering, getting dressed, cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast, and then checking e-mail if I had time. Instead, I caught up on this thread and have been trying to make myself wait until Friday to buy anything online since I'm really, really trying to cut back on online spending and I've already hit my self-imposed limit for April.

I will say that to all the mamas who said they wanted to be living on a self-sustaining farm in 5 years, me too! DH and I keep going back and forth on what we want to do when this tour is over in two years...right now I think we want to stay overseas for another tour (most likely 3 years long), which would put us maybe returning to the States in 5 years. The long-term dream is to buy property in the Charlottesville, VA area and raise goats and sheep and have a huge garden. Janine, you're inspiring me to bust out my spinning wheel again...I have a Kromski (can't remember the model name, maybe the Minstrel? It's a castle (upright) style, not the kind with the wheel off to the side).

I'm going to go do an abbreviated exercise session and then get dressed.

WOTA:
- maybe the commissary, but I might skip it this week as I don't think there's anything we absolutely need from there
- DUSTING
- vacuum/sweep/mop
- cast on a new pair of shorties for DS
- finish the last two crocheted squares I need to do (our knitting group is making patchwork baby blankets for one of our members, who's having twins)

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:26 AM   #384
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
My dad lived in Germany for two years (religious mission in Frankfurt) and he speaks it fluently, and writes to distant relatives of ours in France who speak German. But I stink at it . I'm working on ASL instead.
We are a bit multi-lingual here. I speak German and English, Shannon speaks German, English, French and she used to speak a bit of ASL too. Derry speaks English and German with a little French for fun. Cami is really only speaks English (and a little ASL, we got her the baby signing time DVD's which she loves) but shes only 2 so the German can wait. Heiner speak German and English, but only if I'm not in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post

Janine, you're inspiring me to bust out my spinning wheel again...I have a Kromski (can't remember the model name, maybe the Minstrel? It's a castle (upright) style, not the kind with the wheel off to the side).
Oh do it, do it!

You'll be surprised how much fun it is after a little break from it and how relaxed you feel afterwards. I'm not familiar with the Kromski wheels but I have heard nothing but good things about them.