Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
vickieboggs's Avatar
vickieboggs
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 6,321
My Mood:
Irregular periods and bf Q

For as long as I can remember i've had a regular 28 day cycle (for at least 13 years if not longer) I had my first baby at 24 years old and after her I continued to have reg periods (she was formula fed) then 3 years 9 months later I had my baby boy and I decided to bf him.

I bf him around the clock since the beginning and had 9 weeks pp bleeding and then regular 28 day periods.......until he was about 1 year old.....then I went wonky!!

In the last 8 months I've had a 49 day cycle, a 54 day cycle, a 37 day cycle, a 30 day cycle and right now I am sitting at 33 days (and counting)

I am wanting to (possibly) start TTC in sept but with cycles like this HOW???

I am still nursing my son 1 time in the am and I pump 1 time at night and have done so for probably 10-11 months, so I am wondering if that has something to do with it?

I know that when I had reg periods I O'd on day 11-13 but now I have no clue and the predictor kits don't work for me.

I do think my ds and I may be closing in on the end of our nursing relationship....actually his 2nd bday is in sept when I want to TTC so I may try to be done by then.

anyway I am wondering if anyone has had a similar situation of if maybe clomid or I've heard soy or something may be beneficial to regulating the cycle so I would know the O day again. should I be doing something to get regular now so by sept I have a proper cycle? if so what???

any info is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

__________________
Momma to 2 wonderful kids Kaylee and Tyler and wifey to Cory.
Priced to clear diapers FSOTcheap covers FSOT

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies

Last edited by vickieboggs; 04-29-2009 at 10:41 AM.
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
vickieboggs's Avatar
vickieboggs
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 6,321
My Mood:
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

anyone????
__________________
Momma to 2 wonderful kids Kaylee and Tyler and wifey to Cory.
Priced to clear diapers FSOTcheap covers FSOT

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Harmony96's Avatar
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,287
My Mood:
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

Posting quick to look at my chart...
__________________
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
Usborne Books & More - Ask me about DOUBLE FREE books!
Join in September for just $25!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Harmony96's Avatar
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,287
My Mood:
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

My first cycle was 57 days, the next was 42 days, then most of the rest of them were around 30 days (but I O'd a different day each time and had some luteal phases as short as 6 days). What time of the night are you pumping? That could have something to do with it. Do you chart at all? Even just temps would help you start to get an idea of what is going on w/ your cycles.
__________________
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
Usborne Books & More - Ask me about DOUBLE FREE books!
Join in September for just $25!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
vickieboggs's Avatar
vickieboggs
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 6,321
My Mood:
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
My first cycle was 57 days, the next was 42 days, then most of the rest of them were around 30 days (but I O'd a different day each time and had some luteal phases as short as 6 days). What time of the night are you pumping? That could have something to do with it. Do you chart at all? Even just temps would help you start to get an idea of what is going on w/ your cycles.
I pump whenever I find time.....usually sometime between 8 and 10 pm.

I've never needed to do temps so I don't know the first thing about it.
__________________
Momma to 2 wonderful kids Kaylee and Tyler and wifey to Cory.
Priced to clear diapers FSOTcheap covers FSOT

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #6
BootyGold's Avatar
BootyGold
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North TX
Posts: 9,279
My Mood:
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

I don't know a whole lot about bfing and trying to get preggo, but I wanted to offer a few things I've heard. Hopefully some other more experienced mamas will chime in

I've heard that taking Vitex can help regulate your cycles. Also, any bfing/pumping will effect your cycle as it maintains the appropriate hormones for lactation and not pregnancy.

So maybe if you expect to wean him in the next few months, start by doing the vitex now to see if helps with regulating, and then when he's fully weaned you should have that added bonus for regulation!!

HTH
__________________
Amy ~ wife to Dr. Mikey ~ mom to Tiny G (5/07) and my VBAC baby Small Fry (2/10)
BootyGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
vickieboggs's Avatar
vickieboggs
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 6,321
My Mood:
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootyGold View Post
I don't know a whole lot about bfing and trying to get preggo, but I wanted to offer a few things I've heard. Hopefully some other more experienced mamas will chime in

I've heard that taking Vitex can help regulate your cycles. Also, any bfing/pumping will effect your cycle as it maintains the appropriate hormones for lactation and not pregnancy.

So maybe if you expect to wean him in the next few months, start by doing the vitex now to see if helps with regulating, and then when he's fully weaned you should have that added bonus for regulation!!

HTH
what I dont' get is i've pumped and bf since day 1 and I got my period regularily for months (28 days) why now after so long am I going wonky??
__________________
Momma to 2 wonderful kids Kaylee and Tyler and wifey to Cory.
Priced to clear diapers FSOTcheap covers FSOT

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
Ellowyn's Avatar
Ellowyn
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,358
My Mood:
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

If I were you, I would start charting for sure. Just to try to see what you've got to deal with. Also, the vitex could help regulate you some. What you describe with have regular cycles from 9 weeks until around a year of bfing and THEN everything started getting wonky is really strange. I can't imagine bfing is messing with your cycles that much at only 2 times a day. Especially after having normal cycles for so long. Sounds like something else may be going on. Or maybe your "normal" cycles were anovulatory and now you're ovulating although on an odd schedule.
__________________
Laine - SAHM to W-4/18/96 ,L 1/22/98 , E - 10/21/07 and C- Jan 11 '10
Ellowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
vickieboggs's Avatar
vickieboggs
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 6,321
My Mood:
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellowyn View Post
If I were you, I would start charting for sure. Just to try to see what you've got to deal with. Also, the vitex could help regulate you some. What you describe with have regular cycles from 9 weeks until around a year of bfing and THEN everything started getting wonky is really strange. I can't imagine bfing is messing with your cycles that much at only 2 times a day. Especially after having normal cycles for so long. Sounds like something else may be going on. Or maybe your "normal" cycles were anovulatory and now you're ovulating although on an odd schedule.
so how hard it this charting business......what do I need to do or what resources are best? something online?

thanks.
__________________
Momma to 2 wonderful kids Kaylee and Tyler and wifey to Cory.
Priced to clear diapers FSOTcheap covers FSOT

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
WannaBeAMom29
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 18
Re: Irregular periods and bf Q

Charting is easy really, but a pain in the arse. What I find easiest is to watch cervical mucous and when you get the egg white variety, do the deed every other day. Ovulation kits are also helpful. Temping I refuse to do because I am not that disciplined and it is such a bore and not all that accurate at times.
WannaBeAMom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.