Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hump Day Wednesday B2B

Its foggy again here :blah: and I really need to go over my mood to go with it.....

oh yeah we are basic mamas that are happy with our stashes-be it all flats or prefolds or homemade or whatever. We stay out of the diaper drama and fads (well mostly-we like to be enabled too ) but we go off topic most of the time too-since we dont' have diapers to obess over all the time....

Welcome and join us!!

Advertisement

Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hump Day Wednesday B2B

Morning ladies. Going to try to stay of the 'puter as much as a DS addict can, and focus on the kids today. They all have some needs that need to be addressed.

Monica, I hope you can help the birds. Thank goodness Kari knows some stuff. When they are that young, it's a crapshoot anyway.

Sara, I feel for you with the blinking lights. But wait until this summer. Golly, I miss the days we had one child and lived out of state and out of country from the grandparents, at least from the toy perspective.

Janine, I laughed at the toy thing. All I could think was, well, at least it wasn't all the knives out of the dishwasher, all the glass jars out of the fridge, and turning the stove and oven on. Don't ask me how I know this. I felt guilty for a few months putting one of those doorknob thingys on the girls' door until Ginger was old enough to read the clock and actually stay inside until 7am. My only solace is that I am an incredibly light sleeper, so I can hear when they tried to get out or when they ask for something, so I could immediately go see what they needed. We've been without it for a while now, but I have yet to sleep past 7am to see any damage, LOL.

Okay, back to the kids....
Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Morning Becky, I keep trying to think of something to cheer you up but I'm at a loss. AlI I got is

Is a dark and rainy day here in Germany today. I don't mind, I like the rain. I like listening to it hitting the roof.

I've been busy today too...I am in a bit of a funk myself but I'm trying to not sink too low so instead of laying on the couch and watching cartoons with Cami I did a pink wash, folded the jeans wash, Dried the diapers and folded them. I love how neat they look all folded in the box...yes I have OCD too

I just put the pink wash in the dryer and theres another pale wash in the machine now. After that one I want to wash my diapers.

WFD: The meatloaf from yesterday was a total fail. Heiner got canned carrots from the shop and diced tomatoes instead of the fresh carrots and puréed tomatoes I asked for So I'm going to cook some GF lasange pasta sheets and make lasange from the mess that was supposed to be dinner last night.

WOTB: PF mix and FB as a cover with wool longies cos its cold today.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #4
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Morning ladies. Going to try to stay of the 'puter as much as a DS addict can, and focus on the kids today. They all have some needs that need to be addressed.

Monica, I hope you can help the birds. Thank goodness Kari knows some stuff. When they are that young, it's a crapshoot anyway.

Sara, I feel for you with the blinking lights. But wait until this summer. Golly, I miss the days we had one child and lived out of state and out of country from the grandparents, at least from the toy perspective.

Janine, I laughed at the toy thing. All I could think was, well, at least it wasn't all the knives out of the dishwasher, all the glass jars out of the fridge, and turning the stove and oven on. Don't ask me how I know this. I felt guilty for a few months putting one of those doorknob thingys on the girls' door until Ginger was old enough to read the clock and actually stay inside until 7am. My only solace is that I am an incredibly light sleeper, so I can hear when they tried to get out or when they ask for something, so I could immediately go see what they needed. We've been without it for a while now, but I have yet to sleep past 7am to see any damage, LOL.

Oh we've had the knives thing before now too.

Shannon had her sisters in the kitchen with her and decided to make breakfast and was cutting the fresh baked bread with a knife bigger than her arm.

The younger two were trying to empty the dishwasher. All three of them had the look of total innocence when I busted the, They were like "we're helping you mummy, so you dont have to make breakfast"

And we've had the turning on the stove thing too, result was I had bad smoke inhalation and a huge amount of cleaning. Shannon went in the kitchen to make herself a drink and left the safety gate open. Cami went in a turned on the stove. I didnt see her do it but I know it was her because she loves to turn on the stove at her grandmas flat but there the power is switched off.

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 04-29-2009 at 07:10 AM.
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram View Post
Morning Becky, I keep trying to think of something to cheer you up but I'm at a loss. AlI I got is

Is a dark and rainy day here in Germany today. I don't mind, I like the rain. I like listening to it hitting the roof.

y.

Its okay just knowing that I have someone's that cares helps.

Someone kick my butt off the computer would ya!! I have just paid for all of my supplies again (out of elastic and velour so had to have that) but the printed knits too another $200 just this morning....

And I ran out of elastic during my last order so I used lastin-it just doesn't work as well on t&t so I have to remake them now....so no money coming in for a while now I hope my hubbie doesn't get too mad...

I hope for goodness sakes that I start bringing in some money and soon or I will be selling plasma and fabric again
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Madeline's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

:wave2: New here. I've been lurking the past couple of days I don't know if I really belong here. I would consider my stash to be very basic, but I do have pockets My current stash for my 10 month old consists of 2 dozen GMD yellows, 12 BG's (for Daddy), two wool shorties and 25+ homemade fleece covers Basic enough, right?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh how I wish Wednesday was hump day here this week. DP works until Saturday, so sadly we're not half way through the week. Sigh. Oh well, what can you do. It means that next weekend she has three days off, so I should be seeing the 6-day stretch in a positive light instead of a negative one.

E and I are hanging out in the basement playroom watching Super Why. I'm sipping a home-made mocha and doing a load of laundry. Not too much on the agenda today. I think that E and I are going to do a bit of crafting this afternoon - I'm following this cool fan group on Facebook called "No Time for Flash Cards" and it's been giving me some really neat ideas for creative stuff to do with him. Other than that, wash and putting away laundry that's been clean for a week but is still in the laundry basket.

WOTB: GMD light brown trifolded in an ocean Thirsties, that needs to be changed.

WFD: BBQ steak, roasted cauliflower and ginger snow peas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
Its foggy again here :blah: and I really need to go over my mood to go with it.....
I'm sorry that the weather is foggy. I totally, totally hear you on it making it hard to get out of a low mood. I find that the weather affects my mood so so much. Luckily for me, today it's in the low 40s, but at least it's sunny!

Quote:
Yesterday DP called me on her way to a meeting, as I was making the dal for supper. E had been watching TV in the living room, and I was popping in to check on him periodically. While talking to her I heard a weird noise, and popped around the wall into the living room/dining room to find E sitting on the dining room table. He had dumped all of the straws that we keep in a vase on the table all over the floor. I took one look at him and he started saying "No! I don't want to go to a time out!" Crazy kid. That was the first time he's ever climbed on the table, so it really caught me by surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram View Post
I've been busy today too...I am in a bit of a funk myself but I'm trying to not sink too low so instead of laying on the couch and watching cartoons with Cami I did a pink wash, folded the jeans wash, Dried the diapers and folded them. I love how neat they look all folded in the box...yes I have OCD too
I'm washing and folding laundry today too!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

we put the baby gate up at their door. not so much that she got into stuff, but that she wouldnt stay in bed... so it was duct tape or baby gate. we tried the gate first. it worked well enough.

but if anyone remembers later ask what my most unusual use for duct tape was.......... right now i am
Old 04-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #9
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
I hope for goodness sakes that I start bringing in some money and soon or I will be selling plasma and fabric again
I wish I was pregnant and could place and order with you! But since E has all the dipes he'll ever need (unless he outgrows his BedBugs), I just can't justify the expense. Even though I really want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline's Mommy View Post
:wave2: New here. I've been lurking the past couple of days I don't know if I really belong here. I would consider my stash to be very basic, but I do have pockets My current stash for my 10 month old consists of 2 dozen GMD yellows, 12 BG's (for Daddy), two wool shorties and 25+ homemade fleece covers Basic enough, right?
Totally basic enough! Welcome to the thread!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #10
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

just checkin' in real quick...got a ton done last night but I'm sooo exhausted and have more to do tonight...I hate not being here on the weekends It makes the week difficult because we are not here much then either...just enough to make laundry and a mess here, there and everywhere but enough for me....

I dyed some more yarn yesterday and will post pics once it is dry I'm really getting into it!!! I also installed the new car seat this morning as we were very much in need!!! But I can't find the mirror that goes on theheadrest of my car chair so I can see her I'm sure the kids know right where it is!!!

Well I'll be back later gators!!!