Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 AM   #21
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hump Day Wednesday B2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline's Mommy View Post
:wave2: New here. I've been lurking the past couple of days I don't know if I really belong here. I would consider my stash to be very basic, but I do have pockets My current stash for my 10 month old consists of 2 dozen GMD yellows, 12 BG's (for Daddy), two wool shorties and 25+ homemade fleece covers Basic enough, right?
Totally basic! You just have to have an appreciation for PFs, Flats, covers, and wool, it doesn't have to be your entire stash. We used to put "if you love only PFs, or love your only PF, you are one of us!" in our intro.

I have daddy diapers (homemade PUL pockets and some fitteds) too. In fact, since I got my snap pliers I've been lazy and defaulting to all things velcro and snaps. Well, guess who has decided pulling off velcro diapers is funny, and does a strip tease if you watch? I've got him in a PF and snappi with homemade woolies, before he learns how to undo snaps. I'd pin but I cut my finger yesterday and I don't want to bleed all over my diapers trying to pin him.

Crankypants is up. Apparently she is mad the other two got up before her. Damage control...

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #22
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Well, I'm not buying any more dipes. But I did just buy E a new fleece soaker and new fleece shorties, as well as a spot for three custom shirts made from knit prints. So it's not like I'm not spending any money. But if I bought more dipes, my DP would be really disappointed in me because she and I both know we don't need any more. And I can't have that! We always discuss before spending money on stuff; I'm super excited about E's custom shirts!

I completely understand! Looking at the new pictures I posted on Facebook, I couldn't help but thinking that E looks like a big boy now, not even really like a toddler. It made me shed a tear or two.
I Hope that you didn't take offense to that. I wasn't picking on you I meant that I admire you that you say something and stick to it. I need some of that lately I think Kudos to you!!
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #23
JadensMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i won't be around again today. i have so much to do here before we get ready to go on friday. i'll try to jump on sometime but it won't be til later.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #24
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

miss ya Whitney and hope that your mouth is feeling better today...
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #25
MaMaMeA4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies! Just a real quick hello while I'm eating breakfast before I go workout. I'm tired this morning - but I'm sure I'll be recharged once I get my workout done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline's Mommy View Post
:wave2: New here. I've been lurking the past couple of days I don't know if I really belong here. I would consider my stash to be very basic, but I do have pockets My current stash for my 10 month old consists of 2 dozen GMD yellows, 12 BG's (for Daddy), two wool shorties and 25+ homemade fleece covers Basic enough, right?
Your stash sounds great! My stash - not so basic - but I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
And I got 60 yards of bamboo fabric delivered to my door last night. so I have to take care of that too...and I"m hoping that a good friend of mine from the church calls me today too...bible study was very moving last night and I spent most of the night in tears-how is it that exactely what you need to hear at that exact moment is what its about?
Because God knows exactly what you need and He loves you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
It's now lightening outside, I can't hear the thunder yet but that's probably because the call to prayer is going. Yup, just hit a pause in the call to prayer and I heard thunder. I love thunderstorms...hate drizzly days, which we've had a lot of lately, but I love a good storm.
I love a good thunderstorm too! I love to hear the thunder roll across the sky - especially with the pitter patter of a nice light rain.
MaMaMeA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #26
Madeline's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Totally basic! You just have to have an appreciation for PFs, Flats, covers, and wool, it doesn't have to be your entire stash. We used to put "if you love only PFs, or love your only PF, you are one of us!" in our intro.

I have daddy diapers (homemade PUL pockets and some fitteds) too. In fact, since I got my snap pliers I've been lazy and defaulting to all things velcro and snaps. Well, guess who has decided pulling off velcro diapers is funny, and does a strip tease if you watch? I've got him in a PF and snappi with homemade woolies, before he learns how to undo snaps. I'd pin but I cut my finger yesterday and I don't want to bleed all over my diapers trying to pin him.

Crankypants is up. Apparently she is mad the other two got up before her. Damage control...
Eh.Mine is starting that with the velcro too for now we just put pants on him, but I am planning n getting some snap pliers and converting to snaps soon... I usually pin,cause it seems like the snappi always falls off And.. I'm terrified of flats I tried it once with a receiving blanket and the poor boy couldn't even crawl it was so messed up.. maybe I'll pull up the video and try again later.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #27
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
I Hope that you didn't take offense to that. I wasn't picking on you I meant that I admire you that you say something and stick to it. I need some of that lately I think Kudos to you!!
Oh no, I didn't take offense at all! I just wanted you to know that I am spending some money though, so it's not like I'm a non-spending saint! Is it bad that I wish that I wasn't at stash nirvana so I still had reason to buy stuff?
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #28
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Well, I'm not buying any more dipes. But I did just buy E a new fleece soaker and new fleece shorties, as well as a spot for three custom shirts made from knit prints. So it's not like I'm not spending any money. But if I bought more dipes, my DP would be really disappointed in me because she and I both know we don't need any more. And I can't have that! We always discuss before spending money on stuff; I'm super excited about E's custom shirts!
I'm right there with you. I'm not buying any more diapers, but Friday I'm going to get DS a new GENY cover (my favorite PUL covers, I had 2 smalls but DS outgrew them and I have no mediums). Maybe 2. Anyone want to help me pick? I'm DEFINITELY getting the Jolly Roger print, and am considering also getting a "Bad Luck club," "Musicians of Bremen," or "Three Little Pigs." Comments/suggestions appreciated! I really love the bad luck club print, but I'm not sure if it's too scary looking for baby wear.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #29
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
I'm right there with you. I'm not buying any more diapers, but Friday I'm going to get DS a new GENY cover (my favorite PUL covers, I had 2 smalls but DS outgrew them and I have no mediums). Maybe 2. Anyone want to help me pick? I'm DEFINITELY getting the Jolly Roger print, and am considering also getting a "Bad Luck club," "Musicians of Bremen," or "Three Little Pigs." Comments/suggestions appreciated! I really love the bad luck club print, but I'm not sure if it's too scary looking for baby wear.
I've never tried a GENY cover, but I've always wanted to. They look awesome and so so cute on. I really like "Three Little Pigs" and "Hedgehogs" myself.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #30
MaMaMeA4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had to have dh talk me out of buying more diapers last night! We really don't need any more diapers. And when we do - I've got plenty of stuff to just make what we need.

Now - wool...I've got a serious problem there! I bid on 3 items on Monday. Thankfully someone outbid me - but I almost increased my bid.
Seriously - I don't need anything else.
I don't need anything else.
MaMaMeA4 is offline   Reply With Quote