Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Final update w/pics!!! 1st post "Exact" one step evap?

So, as per Katina's (strong!) suggestions here and on another forum we're at, I got my arse into town and picked up a pack of FRERs and a CBdigi.
Back home, held pee for 4 hours... peed in a cup after wiping and checking for any blood or spotting (no sense aiming for the little cup for nothin'!)... dipped the FRER (20sec seems a long time, but as per instructions I do)... start counting to 120 (me counting to 120 = between 2.5-3mins)... at about 25-30counts I see this!

So, then I have the digi - I worried over using it and not being enough and wasting it - but then I just couldn't resist, that line looked so good!
Same urine, dipped the digi for only 5sec (see, why so short this time?)... again start counting to 120 as the little clock thingy flips... can't watch it, so I start getting pics of the FRER (above pic included)... but I didn't get nearly to 100 when I peeked and saw

Yeah Baby!!! And thank you all SO stinkin much for your help and just "being here" through this thread!

Okay, took another one this AM with FMU, the same line came up in the first 2 minutes, darker than last night. I took pics (snuck downstairs with the tests and my camera, lol). I'll label them, but I took them from 5mins to 30mins after I'd taken the test, kwim? I know some are blurry-ish, I can't figure out how y'all get such great pics of these things, lol!
I've got both hpts in these pics - top is this AM w/fmu, bottom is the one from last pm.

these 2 were taken fairly quickly - the left one 5mins after, the right 6 mins after. left one is kinda blurry, right much better. The line on the top one is exactly what it looked like after 1.5-2mins. That bottom one is dried, obviously, but it was the same as the other line after the 2mins (last night) but quite a bit lighter, it dried and that line remains.

30 minutes after taking the test - the line on the top one is drying, looks like it's moving to the left like the bottom one is. bottom's line is still the same, obviously.

45 mins after taking - still "moving" left, I mean it's staying quite dark on the left side.

50mins after taking - this is how the test line still looks - darker on the left side but you can still see the whole spot blue, just lighter as it moves across.

So, what do y'all think?!
I'm hoping so much that these are real bfps. Like I said, that line (thick, blue, lighter last pm than this am but still there) was very obvious when I let myself peek at 2mins - the first glance I gave the one last night was from across the bathroom, lol, and I saw it and ran over to look closer!
I was thinking it was bfp, but then I came on here and saw the couple threads going on right now about crappy blue dye tests and a bunch of mamas getting evaps on them. And then when I went to the poas site, there was a bunch of reasons NOT to use blue dye +/- tests.
Basically, I felt hopeful, came on here, read, and then felt like crap.

*original post*Anyone use one of these ones? Do you have pics of bfp or evap lines?
I don't know if they're just in Canada or what, but anyways.
I'm on cd27, 12-14dpo (not totally sure, only going by CM), I expected AF to show yesterday - still not here - though it could also be going back to 28d cycle in which case it wouldn't start until Fri.

I was in town by myself tonight and picked up a 2pack of these tests from "superstore" - fellow canucks will know where I mean. They are blue dye +/- tests... I KNOW that's not ideal. I KNOW. But they are the cheapest tests up here, still $11.50 for 2, and I just wanted to poas. (also, we only have FRER for red dye hpts and I haven't seen good things with them on here lately)
I fully expected it to be bfn... but there was a line after the 2 minutes... now it's a bunch later and there's still a line, but it's a thin line, not quite exactly in the center.

And I KNOW I need to add pics... but my computer doesn't like reading cards and besides DH is here and he doesn't know I took a hpt - he'd probably figure it out if I ran into the bathroom with my camera and then got him to figure out the pics uploading, lol!

(pics borrowed from the bfp thread in the preg forum part) NOT my hpt!!!
this is the same test I took:

but there's definitely a line on mine, where I can't really see one on that test... and that was a +
mine looks similar to this one, where the line is dark and thin, then goes across kinda faded?? (again, NOT my hpt, and this is a pic of a CB)

the line looks a ton like this one... but blue not red, lol... jeepers you guys love the reds!

I'm just totally not sure if it's an evap or a true bfp. I look at that thread and think mine is like those, but then it should be darker because I'm later than those (9ish dpo, the last one). But then again it's evening and I only held it for 2.5hrs and did drink a cup of starbucks coffee during that time.
ARGH! I suppose I need to test again in the am with fmu?

Advertisement

Last edited by canadianbakers; 04-30-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: adding my own pics!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
juliek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Exact" one step pregnancy test evap?

i know the tests and superstore, great prices there
Let's see a pic of yours.... if it's the same line as the second pic, it's probably +. Did the line show up right away or not? Why do you think it's evap? I've taken those superstore tests and have always been accurate for me...
so let's see...

Last edited by juliek; 04-29-2009 at 10:46 PM.
juliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

if your lines look like the ones you posted...i would say its positive.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
juliek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

here's is mine from a previous pregnancy that i bought from the superstore... a bit of a shadow there but you can still see the line...

Last edited by juliek; 04-29-2009 at 11:07 PM.
juliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's a pretty dark line mama. Looks BFP to me!!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I used exact with my last pregnancy and 4 days before my period I had a line (so faint but I know it was there) and the day my period was due it was as dark as can be.

anyway.....I fully trust those tests and I think if you saw a line within 2 min you are def. preggo!!

congrats.

**I have my test somewhere.......(it's now almost 3 years old) but I can take a photo of it.

You must test again in the morning and LET US KNOW!!!!

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies

Last edited by vickieboggs; 04-29-2009 at 11:29 PM.
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: updated 1st post with my own pics!! "Exact" one step evap?

I have taken these kind of tests before - with my yds's pregnancy I took 2 of these and the line was blaring obvious, dark and thick... but I was 6.5wks when I took the tests!
In the past months of ttc, I've taken a few more of these hpts and gotten either completely nothing, stark white results, or 2 times we saw dots of color above the horizontal line, but not in the center - they made us wonder, but when we looked and looked there was really no line where it should have been and then AF came.

I just question these because of stuff on here and the poas site, lol!
I now desperately want to run to town and get a pack of FRERs and a FRERdigi! But #1 I have the 2 boys with me and I'm not showered or anything, and #2 that's another $30+ on tests... and #3 I'd have to definitely explain to DH wth I'm doing, lol! I suppose I'll have to tell him sometime soon anyways, lol!
I know he wouldn't want me to be testing right now. The early m/c in Dec really scared him and he jokes that I shouldn't test until I'm at least 6 months late for AF, lol - I know he doesn't want us testing early. Though technically I could argue that AF was due Tues, thus I was late last night even!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #8
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see lines But I have gotten many evaps ( not with those tests) so I am very cautious.
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's my fear. I just want to know, one way or the other. Right now I'm just feeling down in the dumps, no further ahead than I was 2 days ago, or even a week ago!
I didn't buy hpts for a maybe!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
alynnb324
Registered Users
seller

That looks like a bfp to me. And todays looks darker and thicker, I don't think there would be that much of a coincidence if you were getting evaps. And if they both came up within the time limit I would say preggo! Can you get a digi?