Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
yesterdayicried
Registered Users
k**ro**ns26
seller
seller

Evap or chemical Question?

Posted in ATTS but thought I'd make it more noticable.

For those of you that have had chemicals and had it show up on a test did it show up on multiple brands of hpts? And for how many days did it show up?
I'm just wondering if maybe my dollar tree "evaps" (which have been pink lines right at the ten minute mark) then disappear the next day and never show on other brands are evaps or if it's possible I'm catching chemicals?

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Evap or chemical Question?

I had a chemical before I had ds.
I got bfp on frer and and internet cheapy tests. I took a digital too but it was negitive.
If I remember right, i had + tests for 3 days.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my chemical, I got positive on all tests but it was late (13-16 dpo's). All BFN beforehand then AF showed a week later

I did get a positive digital though.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
turtledance
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have wondered this too. When I had my chemical, I got a positive on 3 different brands. Last month, though, I only tested on IC's and got either an evap or had another chemical. It is so hard to say. In the end, if it is that soon, I guess that it doesn't really matter. I hope that you have a real bfp, there!

Momma to my crazy little Snuggle Muttin (6-8-07)
and my sweet Cuddle Bug (2-13-10)
turtledance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my chem. pregnancy started on a dt...then i bought a few answers and got bfps on those...then had a blood test, then got AF...all w/in a few days.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had 3 friends have chemical pregnancies. They got a BFP on a few tests and then got AF a couple days later. One got a noticeable positive on a FRER and then got AF. She ended up getting pregnant the next month as did the other 2 mamas who had them.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
juliek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

pretty much the same here as the other mamas... Got positive on two different brands for about 9 days then got AF.
I'm hoping that i'm like pp post friends and get prego this month too
Good luck! I hope you get preggo too
Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok...I didn't read through all the posts, but I was thinking it looked like a chemical pg. It's horrible to think about but how many of us has had chemical pg's without even knowing it? That's the bittersweet thing in testing early. We're more likely to see the pg at an early stage but if it's a chemical it's devastating. The hcg level gets to a certain point, a tad detectable by early tests and then the level starts dropping. Maybe the DT tests are better at detecting small amounts of hcg for you? What were the chances of getting evaps on all those tests? One test I could understand...even two maybe...but if you get "visible" lines on multiple tests be it all one brand, then nothing after a point. I would say it's absolutely a chemical pregnancy. Sadly I have had more than my share of chemical pg's. I am so sorry this is happening to you mama. I feel your pain, I know how it feels to have your hope ripped away from you! I had been TTC for 2 years and then gave up. We did not even DTD but one time on our anniversary and we didn't """TRY""" if you KWIM. I was SOOOOO shocked when I POAS and got a faint + even at 5 days after AF was due I was thinking the worst. I just knew it was another chemical PG...but thank GOD this bean held on. I have had 11 MC not even counting chemical pgs. I can honestly say that after us mamas that have lost our babies finally get pregnant...we will never again have an innocent pregnancy. And it's so sad we have to endure that kind of pain, but it makes us appreciate our children so much more!!!! I am praying for you and all the other TTC mamas here. I am so thankful for my bean and I only wished I could in some way help you all get and stay pregnant. My heart aches for all of you because I know what it's like.

This is way more than I intended on saying..but I had to....

ETA: Have you tested again lately? You're only 10DPO...I was just wondering. Remeber it takes something like 2-3 days for hcg levels to double.

Last edited by babygirls2; 04-30-2009 at 07:30 PM.
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
yesterdayicried
Registered Users
k**ro**ns26
seller
seller

Kim, you're so sweet, thank you for your kind words!
I took an Equate tonight just to see, I didn't hold it first or limit fluids. I didn't post because I swear I see something faint but... I think I'm just seeing lines :crazy:
I'll test with an Equate with fmu tomorrow and Saturday. AF should be due Monday at the earliest. Thanks for the hope!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Katie
I am really thinking about you all the time and my heart aches for you. I really just want you to have another one, whether these are chemicals or not, I totally understand the pain every month. When AF arrives for me it just feels like I am losing another baby. Or at least the dream of one, which I feel is just as bad. I know what you mean when you said in one of your other posts that you feel like you were made to give birth. I too felt like that when I gave birth to my Lulu. The thing I am most excited about in this whole process is actually giving birth again, I just loved the experience... even with the pain etc, I just remember holding her and crying and nothing else in the world mattered.

I just feel like it's so unfair that you have to go through this, not being able to conceive again easily. I think you've done amazingly well, considering how persistent you have been even though it's been long enough now. I hope that I can keep going with such a tenacity, if I don't get pregnant soon. Some days I just feel so depressed about it all, but it's going to happen sooner or later.

I am really really hoping this is it for you. You totally deserve it and you sound like the best mom, no matter how you feel sometimes.