Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
katina128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
5w6d-one sac smaller than the other?

Baby A is doing great, with the tiniest flicker of a heartbeat. Baby B, doesn't have a heartbeat and likely won't make it, but could. It's a toss up with baby B. I am positive that it implanted after A did, because my beta at 13dpo was exactly spot on for a singleton. But by the next beta, I was between single and twin. So, it could just be a few days behind, which at this stage is a huge difference. Or, it could be just not making it. Not sure. I go back next friday for a repeat u/s to see what's going on at that point. Is it common at this stage to see them a few days apart in growth? Do you think I have any hope of B catching up?

Advertisement

WAHM behind Lullaby Diapers Portfolio

katina128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 5w6d-one sac smaller than the other?

My story:

First ultrasound at 4 weeks due to bleeding showed one baby. Went back at 6 weeks for a follow-up since it was too early to see the heartbeat at 4 weeks and they found 2 babies. One sac was 1/4 the size of the other. Both had heartbeats. I was told that the second baby had a good chance of not making it (vanishing twin). Third ultrasound at 8 weeks showed the lagging baby had caught up a little and was thriving. I now have two healthy and happy 6yr olds.

My doctor feels that the bleeding I had at 4 weeks was the implantation of the second baby. He thinks that my dd was conceived a week after my ds. My dd consistently measured a full week behind my ds and was born 1lb lighter.

GL....if you need to talk feel free to PM me. I know what its like to wait and see.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
littlewigglebutts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My early ultrasounds showed a very healthy baby. There was also a worrisome whitish spot in my uterus that kept getting bigger. Nobody could figure out what it was. It was freaking me out. Because of it I kept having more u/s. They were vaginal, so they were getting a good picture. I think I was around 10 weeks when I went in and everyone was shocked when that "spot" had morphed into baby B.

He was behind a fair bit in growth and they did caution me not to get to excited about having twins. Mine always measured very differently.
Anyway, my boys turned 7 the other day. Baby A is still a whopping 6 inches taller and 16lbs heavier than my Baby B. Good luck, mama.

Last edited by littlewigglebutts; 05-02-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: dang typos
littlewigglebutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another success story for you. I went in for my first ultrasound at the end of my 5th week. (A Friday) 2 babies both sacs with fetal poles, no heartbeats yet. On the following Monday (6wks exactly), I started bleeding fairly heavy red blood. It was Memorial day, so I was told to wait it out and come in the next day since they couldn't do anything anyway, but that I was probably miscarrying at least one of the babies. I went in the next day for an u/s. Baby A had gown into an embryo, still no heartbeat. Baby B hadn't and still looked the same as he did on Friday. I was told that since baby A was growing and B appeared not to be combined with the bleeding, I was losing baby B and to come back in a week to confirm. We knew exactly the day (and time) when they were both conceived because we did IVF. I was scared, but I knew, just knew, in my heart that everything was fine. (My "baby sense" has been proven to be very accurate with all my pregnancies.) I went back the next week, 2 heartbeats, 2 healthy babies. Baby B was slightly behind in growth for a few weeks, but when they were born, he, baby B, was over 2lbs bigger than his sister, baby A. They are now 16 months old. The bleeding was determined to have been from a blood clot.

Don't lose hope!

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 05-02-2009 at 01:05 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesomely amazing stories~Katina I am praying for your beans!
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
katina128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, thank you so much for those success stories!!! They give me hope at least. I know it's probably a long shot for Baby B, but maybe he/she will grow this week and show us a heartbeat on friday. Thank you for the prayers Kim!!

Old 05-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
LuckyFin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just sharing again. I was 5w & 3d when I had my first u/s. Baby A was there & strong. Baby B wasn't there, just a sac about half the size of baby A's. I went back 3 weeks later & there was baby B same size as baby A & healthy as could be. They are now a year old & learning to walk.

You & baby B are in my thoughts.

in my avi, Baby A, Giada, on left, Baby B, Brynnley, on right.
LuckyFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
katina128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much!! I will report back on friday. I hope B has grown and has a h/b at least.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

also, i would think its quite common not to see a hb before 6w gestational age...for all you know, baby b got a hb the minute you walked out of the drs. office...

pullin' for that little bean!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post
also, i would think its quite common not to see a hb before 6w gestational age...for all you know, baby b got a hb the minute you walked out of the drs. office...

pullin' for that little bean!
Absolutely!! Mine still didn't have one at 6wks. Often they you don't see one till 7wks even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katina128 View Post
Thank you so much!! I will report back on friday. I hope B has grown and has a h/b at least.
Do let us know. I'll be praying too.