Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
bradleymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Deciding TTC #3

Just curious if any of you have any thoughts with TTC #3 (or beyond). I have 2 beautiful children, and I know we want to have 1-2 more. But for some reason, the timing seems more important this time. DH has been ready for #3 since #2 was 6 weeks old (don't ask!), and just recently, I'm starting to feel ready. Thing is we really are outgrowing our house, but I don't know when we are going to be able to move. So I hesitate. And well, I don't know. I want it to "just happen" then we make it work (we always do!), but in order for it to "just happen" we have to stop "preventing..." Just looking for thoughts/stories

Advertisement

bradleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deciding TTC #3

How big/small is your house? Are you opposed to children sharing rooms? We only have 3 bedrooms and if my DH wanted to TTC#4 I would go for it, despite not having enough bedrooms. It will work itself out.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
kbrooks24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel EXACTLY the same way!! DH wanted another when I was 6 weeks PREGNANT w/ the 2nd LOL We have a 3 bedroom house but we are planning on moving to Houston in the next year or so. I know the timing SUCKS for us right now, BUT I want my kids all close in age and i'm not willing to sacrifice that for timing KWIM? Eventually it will work out I have kids so they will have each other when they get older, and for ME I feel it's important for them to be close in age--no matter how stressful it is to me when they are young

kbrooks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
SimplyHandmadeMama
Ignoring attempts to resolve fSOT issues. Please, do not b/t with!

well, for us... it was the decision of ttc#4, because we had twins in pregnancy #2. I really didn't want my kids to be too far apart in age. my oldest and my twins are exactly 21 months apart and at this point, if i get pregnant this cycle then the twins and #4 would be about 2.5 years apart. For us it was more a choice of do we want a #4 or are we done. i thought i was ok with being done and then dh and i both decided we wanted another.
SimplyHandmadeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
bradleymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing mamas...glad I'm not the only one kind of mulling over this. One, then two were no-brainers and sort of impulsive. Now I feel like the next one should be better planned.

Our house is not "small" but horribly set-up for family living. We have a split foyer, so a lot of space on our lower level that is really not user friendly with small kiddos (including 1 bedroom). We only have 2 bedrooms on our main level. We JUST are in process of moving 15-mo old DS in with 3-yr old DD in the same bedroom. Its going well at night, but not at nap time. A third baby would likely be in our room for quite some time, so its not even that we would have to move by the time the baby is born, but it definitely starts the timer ticking
bradleymama is offline   Reply With Quote