Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
VBAC after 3 csections?

Is it possible to have a VBAC after having 3 csections? Do you think there is any doctors out there that would do this? Also on my last csection my doc didn't use staples to stitch me up but disolvable stitches - does this make a difference?
I really really wish I was educated with #2 and knew that I could have done a vbac (my doc only did csections after a previous csection and didn't even let me know it was an option) - the nurse said she could feel his head when she did the internal so I could have had him no problem I'm sure. The reason I had a csection with #1 was after 30 hours of labor I was still at a 7 and ds hadn't dropped down far enough (his head was tilted in there stopping him from coming down!)

Oh to have been educated then as I am now - I could have had him by normal birth and wouldn't have even had to worry about vbac's.

Anyway do you think its possible?

ETA: I'm not preggo yet but I would like to have another one. I'm hoping for a girl this time!! I know I would have to find another doc because the one I have now won't do a VBAC after 2 csections (only if you've had 1 previous csection)

Advertisement

Last edited by sprout18; 12-14-2006 at 01:03 PM.
sprout18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: VBAC after 3 csections?

I know a recent article came out (saw on Mothering . com)that after 1 CS or 3 CS the risk doesnt increase, I think you'd just have to find a DR who would though!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
hacandsac
Registered Users
seller

Moms can VBAC after any number of c-sections. Checkout ICAN they have access to all the info you need. http://www.ican-online.org/

I would type more but I'm NAKing DD #2 who I just had VBA2C almost 4wks ago
hacandsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, yes, yes!!!! It IS possible! I second checking out ICAN and join their mailing list!! It is EXTREMELY helpful! There was a mom on there who had a successful VBA3 or 4C just a few weeks ago! I think education is the key! Your questions could likely be answered quickly by the knowledgeable ladies on that mailing list.
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
ambered
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes Ma'am, and I'm rooting for you! I just had my vba2c a couple months ago. Now mind you the docs I saw at first were awful & threw all the danger cards at me, so I went with a wonderful midwife/naturopath & did it at home, and I couldn't be happier! Good luck, mama! -Amber
ambered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #6
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm having a HVBA4C in late Feb Its going to be great
Type up a letter, including references to the most recent ACOG statements on safety of VBAMC and on risks of ERCS, saying you plan to ttc and will be having a vaginal birth. WILL. BE. HAVING. Invite the reader to be part of the process of this amazing experience, state you are looking for the right person to "bestow the honor of baby catching" upon. Include your contact information. Mail it to every OB your insurance covers, to every midwife you can find in your area, even to family doctors. Then interview the few who respond.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
jennylou
Registered Users

I third (fourth? Fifth?) the suggestion of checking out and joining ICANs mailing list. I had a vbac in August and loved it! I definitely did my research before hand - I started reading ICANs mailing list in June (maybe July), well before I got pregnant.

Oh, and I had some factors weighing against me - only 15 months between births and overweight.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #8
redhotmavis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoed View Post
I'm having a HVBA4C in late Feb Its going to be great
Type up a letter, including references to the most recent ACOG statements on safety of VBAMC and on risks of ERCS, saying you plan to ttc and will be having a vaginal birth. WILL. BE. HAVING. Invite the reader to be part of the process of this amazing experience, state you are looking for the right person to "bestow the honor of baby catching" upon. Include your contact information. Mail it to every OB your insurance covers, to every midwife you can find in your area, even to family doctors. Then interview the few who respond.
I love how you said that! It totally empowers the mom in the scenario!

We had a very positive, empowered, loving, surgical birth last August (had planned a waterbirth at home, discovered giant fibroids at 14 weeks, IUGR,etc etc) and WILL BE HAVING A HVBAC if/when a sibling for Lily comes along.

Cause it to go your way, mama!
loving life with DH Andrew and WAHM to Lily, 8/1/06 www.sparklegarden.etsy.com I make jewelry, organic flaxseed hot/cold pads and eye pillows, organic bath salts and I love to trade. ISO XL or toddler sized Luke's Drawers size 18-24 mos Robeez in any condition.
redhotmavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #9
rxmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thread hijack, sorry! HBVAC = hopeful VBAC? Just curious!

I've had 2 c-sections and dr. told me shortly after having #2 that although they can never know what *would* have happened, he said the scar tissue on my uterus from section#1 was very thin and it would be c-sections from here on out. One of the main reasons I'm thinking no more little ones.
Annie, pharmacist mommy to Olivia 8/04, Evelyn 3/06, angel baby #3 10/08, Sophia 1/10 and Isaac 6/12
rxmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #10
babyroosboutique
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmommy View Post
Thread hijack, sorry! HBVAC = hopeful VBAC? Just curious!

I've had 2 c-sections and dr. told me shortly after having #2 that although they can never know what *would* have happened, he said the scar tissue on my uterus from section#1 was very thin and it would be c-sections from here on out. One of the main reasons I'm thinking no more little ones.
HBVAC=Homebirth VBAC, correct me if i am wrong.

Right there with ya girl, just told my OB that I will be having a VBA2C, BUT on the same visit , she informed me of my low-lying placenta, which puts me right back in c-sec category . But I am hoping it moves.
babyroosboutique is offline   Reply With Quote