Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #21
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can you bleach colored diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
so is the 1/8 bleach good for a full wash?
i don't even buy bleach but now have the urge to just bleach all my diapers, i need to ehad to target tomorrow since i'm doing laundry tomorrow, so you all are SURE this will not ruin the diapers right? PUL is fine and colors don't fade?

It is absolutley safe!

I did it to all my ff and fb's but I did it one cold wash

I let the wash fill with just water then added the 1/8 cup bleach, let it sit for a min. then added my diapers. Came out smelling great and no stick issues!

Oh and the PUL and colors were fine!

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #22
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity0811 View Post
I was wondering if you can use the New Clorox® UltimateCare™ Premium Bleach? It says its safe even if you pour it on the clothing? Or should I just try the regular old fashion bleach?
These are not the same a reg bleach! They do not have the same disinfectants as good old bleach!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #23
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hssusie View Post
I bleached mine and they are doing just fine. If I don't use bleach I get stink no matter how much vinegar and baking soda I use; no matter how little or how much detergent; no matter how much stripping. Behold the power of bleach!!

I just put one to two tablespoons in the bleach dispenser. Some do this once per week, some do it each washing, some once per month. I just go by how the dipes smell. If they smell like poop when peed in they need bleaching.
Exactly!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #24
hssusie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity0811 View Post
I was wondering if you can use the New Clorox® UltimateCare™ Premium Bleach? It says its safe even if you pour it on the clothing? Or should I just try the regular old fashion bleach?
I got this a while back and tried it out. At first everything was fine then I started getting this weird kinda not clean smell.

Also what the bottle says about pouring on your clothes and all is well is simply NOT true. A piece of clothing accidently crossed over the bleach dispenser while going to the dryer and it got bleached...it faded. Had I been using real bleach it would have evaporated from the dispenser before the wash was done and any clothes crossing the dispenser would not have been effected. But since UC is creamy it didn't evaporate. There was still moist residue sitting in the dispenser that got on my unsuspecting clothes.

The good thing that has come out of this is that now I will have that nifty bottle with the no splash/drip cap and spout that I can put my old fashioned bleach in.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #25
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

I just bleached a berry plush and some BG AIOs and they are fine. And FWIW bleach kills most everything. So if you bleach staph infested diapers, it will kill it. Even the mama whose poor little man got staph said that once she bleached her infested dipes, they were fine. Please don't make this more complicated then what it is!!!!!

Last edited by MyLil'Mountaineers; 12-15-2006 at 11:57 AM.
MyLil'Mountaineers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #26
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do bleach on all my fitteds, mostly HC diapers, all pretty colors. Usually about 1/8th cup is enough. So far so good, no stink , no rashes from it.
I'd definatly do dipes coming from someone I didn't know.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #27
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

I bleached all my dipes & inserts a couple months ago because they were starting to get kinda stinky. I read a post Hayley made about using 1/8th cup bleach on her colored FBs, so I took a shot and did it. No problems with any of my diapers.

BTW, how is your new hot pink FB working out? I'm in love with the VB you sent me, which is bad because now I want MORE!

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #28
football_cheer_mom
Diaper Queen
seller

My Mood:

Hey Caitlin,

I LOVE it !!! I was so excited to get it, and now like you, I want more !! Do you have more to trade or sell? I am very interested.

Thanks,
Nikki
Old 12-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #29
gringacely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Interesting... Are you ladies bleaching in hot or cold water? I got freaked by the staph post too. Does the water temp matter?
gringacely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #30
football_cheer_mom
Diaper Queen
seller

My Mood:

I used hot and then a cold rinse.