Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Can you bleach colored diapers

Thanks mama

gringacely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #32
No Longer Here
My Mood:

Thanks mamas! I will need to buy bleach and now know to do the old fashion kind, im washing all my diapers just to make sure everythings fine.

the staph post is in diaper chatter for the mama who asked
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by football_cheer_mom View Post
I'm not dealing with the staph thing. I am just afraid of any diapers I receive now. No offense to anyone I have bought diapers from.

When I saw that post with the staph warning, I avoided those diapers like my family during the holidays !! DH is a paramedic and was adamit (sp?) about me not buying any of her dipes. Plus, I thought they were a little over priced any way !

I was one of those people who was so excited to receive a new dipe, that I ripped it open and put it on DD. Thank God nothing was wrong with the ones I received thus far, but when I got my new ones today, they went straight to the washer with bleach and lots of hot water.

I am definately sorry for all the Mamas and precious Babies that have to deal with those dipes.

Except I always just threw my "new" used dipes in with my diaper wash and then I figured they were good to wear. Now I'm a little paranoid, so I currently have a batch soaking in a mild bleach solution with very hot water in a bucket while the rest of my dirty dipes are doing their cold soak. Then I"ll throw them all in together for the hot wash, with extra rinses. (Also no offense to anyone I've bought from - I'm sure they're fine, but with this recent scare, you can never be too safe!)
Ann, Mommy to 3 beautiful, boisterous boys:
Liam - 6 1/2, Emmett - 4, almost 5
and Callan - 22 months
aept is offline   Reply With Quote