Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
ladybug6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Starting my registry

Hey Mommas,

DD is 19 months old, and we have TONS of baby gear from when she was little. We only used a bassinet till she was 6 months, so I know I will need to get a pack and play for us to use with the twins. I also know I would like a tandem stroller with the jumper seat/step. We have one jumparoo and 2 bouncy seats, 2 swings that go both ways and 1 highchair.

What things/brands/types would you recommend. The Chicco play yard seems to get the best reviews as far as comfort of the pad and I would really like the twins to be together until they roll over on each other. We were also looking at the Joovy Big Caboose tandem stroller at Babies R us. Also planning on getting the twin nursing pillow before they get here.

Any thoughts or things that you found you could not live without with twins??

Advertisement

Expecting #4 4/4/2011
ladybug6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Starting my registry

I would recommend another jumparoo. My boys love those, and they love to jump in them at the same time. We have the Graco Twin PacknPlay, and it's worked out well for us. The boys slept in it in our room, and now the sitter uses it. We also have a Superyard that we use inside and out. We have two highchairs, the Fischer-Price Spacesavers, since we always feed them together. We also had two Bumbos, although we could have just used one.

Another thing we use a lot is the Baby Einstein Excersaucer. The boys loved it before they were big enough for the jumperoo, and it's a nice thing to have when you have to keep one occupied and contained while you tend to the other.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Jeb-O
Registered Users

I haven't needed two jumperoos. We just use one exasaucer and one jumerpoo and swap them back and forth. This seems to work just fine.

I would get a second high chair... or some sort of feeding seat, because it is MUCH easier to feed them at the same time. (Bumbos or Bebepods work for a bit)

Definitely get that nursing pillow! It was my BEST purchase!!
Jeb-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 AM   #4
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb-O View Post
I haven't needed two jumperoos. We just use one exasaucer and one jumerpoo and swap them back and forth. This seems to work just fine.

I would get a second high chair... or some sort of feeding seat, because it is MUCH easier to feed them at the same time. (Bumbos or Bebepods work for a bit)

Definitely get that nursing pillow! It was my BEST purchase!!
My guys are now bored with the exersaucer, hence the two jumparoos.

To the OP - Every baby and family is different. You may want to have one of everything and see what works before you get another one. We had lots of handmedowns, so we had two of everything and sold what we didn't use or need.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
ladybug6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone have the Joovy Big Caboose stroller?? That is what we are looking at so the we can get all 3 kids out together. I read the reviews and always laught when they talk about how big it is!! DUH you are transporting 3 kids, it is not gonna fit in your trunk!!
Expecting #4 4/4/2011
ladybug6 is offline   Reply With Quote