Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help diaper rash?

DS has pneumonia (sp) and has been on an antibiotic for the past week, which has a side affect of diahrrea well its like acid and my poor baby screams HORRIBLE when I have to wipe him....I have a prescription cream that the dr prscriebed last time he had a bad rash, but its not doing anything this time and neither is anything I seem to use...Please tell me if there is anything else

I need something NOW, for diaper rash, I dont have time to order something to be shipped..need to be able to have in the house or go buy in the store,asap
Thanks
LuAnn

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #2
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help diaper rash?

Hmmm Ethan had a stomach bug recently (as did we all in our house) and he had awful diarreah. I coated his bum w/ aquaphor to create a barrier for the poo and and his skin and that seemed to help. Do you have any? I also just use warm water w/ my wipes and patted him off as best as I can - you might even want to dunk him in the bath and let any residual soak off instead of wiping. I mean, wipe what you can and then soak him. That's what we did b/c all of it would never com eoff of his skin. I also just used sposies so I could use Desitin - that always seems to help him.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
shell015
Banned
seller

We have never had a rash the Aveeno Diaper Rash ointment hasn't cleared up in 24 hours or less. I say try that mama. We have had some ugly rashes and it works. Hope your little guy feels better soon.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Since hes been on antibiotics could it be the yeastie beasties?
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

poor baby, i second the aquaphor to make a barrier for his tender skin and also only use warm water to wipe, if the skin is really broken i'd dunk the baby in the tub
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

I buy a big tub of queen helene's cocoa butter cream. Works wonders for the diaper area. I have not used anything else for 3 months now and she has been diaper rash free the whole time. Love it and the price and size is so reasonable.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell015 View Post
We have never had a rash the Aveeno Diaper Rash ointment hasn't cleared up in 24 hours or less. I say try that mama. We have had some ugly rashes and it works. Hope your little guy feels better soon.
This is actually what I usually use for him, and it clears up right away..but not this time
I dont think I have any aquaphor, but who knows, Ill look today...I have COATED IT LAST NIGHT WITH THE PERSCRIPTION CREAM AND THAN TOPPED IT WITH (sorry about caps, ds hit it) burnt flour (yes you read right, burnt flour, my parents idea) and it actually looks ALOT better today. I have been usuing cloth wipes w/ warm water, he still screams and we have been doing baths
Thanks mamas I really appreciate hearing stuff from others.
Samantha-I thought about yeast, but the dr said no, if it doesnt get better early next week I will be atking him back in for them to check it out.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:47 AM   #8
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingos77 View Post
I buy a big tub of queen helene's cocoa butter cream. Works wonders for the diaper area. I have not used anything else for 3 months now and she has been diaper rash free the whole time. Love it and the price and size is so reasonable.
Whats this? sorry Im clueless here
Old 12-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #9
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

Put a layer of mylanta on his bumm to help w/the acid in his BM, let it dry then you can use neosporine-or hydrocortizone if it is really bad, but don't use it long term, like 2-3 days max-and then a thick diaper cream or even aquafor. The original desitin is 40% zinc so I use that if it is bad. I started using bag balm from the feed store at the slightest hint of red and haven't had a diaper rash since.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #10
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermomcchr View Post
Put a layer of mylanta on his bumm to help w/the acid in his BM, let it dry then you can use neosporine-or hydrocortizone if it is really bad, but don't use it long term, like 2-3 days max-and then a thick diaper cream or even aquafor. The original desitin is 40% zinc so I use that if it is bad. I started using bag balm from the feed store at the slightest hint of red and haven't had a diaper rash since.
I need to get bag balm (thats what my parents used on us) but I wont be able to pick it up until next weekend Ill have to buy some mylanta.
Desitin does nothing for us, never has, so I have a tube of that a tube of A&D laying here because neither has done anything for us at all...'
He has been in sposies for the past week since the diahrrea started, with a prefold on throughout the day for air to get to him bum.

Thanks again mamas