Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Spotting Question

So something a little different is going on this cycle. I think I may have had implantion bleeding a couple days ago....was a very light pink just when I wiped once and that's it. Well since then I have had some brownish color when I wipe....doesn't go to my underwear or anything just when I wipe. AF isn't due until Thursday and sometimes the day before AF is due I will have a little brown spotting but it is enough to require a pantiliner...this is just when I wipe. What could it be, still implantion bleeding if I am preggo??

UGH I am soo impatient lol just be Thursday already!!

Advertisement

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
trishmom2five
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spotting Question

No advice - I'm with you on the wierd body issues. GL Hugs
Old 12-17-2006, 07:50 AM   #3
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I know it's crazy. Well I *think* it is just my period coming. I really don't think I am pregnant....more like I am starting my period but it isn't due until Thursday.....maybe I will start early, which is weird.....

So do short cycles mean you O earlier?? I don't know if I even O'ed for sure....I used some O tests, but they practically all came out positive everytime. I didn't know though that you had to do it at the same time everyday...l.but still I thought it was weird to get so many positives.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:10 AM   #4
ryansmom33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A shorter cycle can mean you O'd earlier, but not necessarily. As for using OPK's yes you're supposed to use them the same time, and you really shouldn't get more than 2 days of positives. And for it to really be a positive the test line has to be darker than the control line. If the test line is there and lighter or even the same color then it's not a true positive.

Once you get a true positive you'll O within 24 hours I think.

I found temping to be the best indicator of O for me. With a little help from the opks. Opks told me when I would be O'ing and temping confirmed it for me.

Good luck. Sorry about the wacky cycle.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Ryansmom-
Thanks for the info about the ovulation tests. I do plan on temping next month. Do I start temping once my period starts or when it is done?? I do have the Taking Charge of Your Fertlility book I got not too long ago, but haven't read too much in it....will definitely have to get it out though!

I looked up brown spotting a week before your period is due on google and got info saying it could be a miscarriage.....then some saying it still could mean I am pregnant....or it could just be nothing. I have had a lot of cramping going on the last couple weeks....I thought for sure I was pregnant....well I'll just wait and see, if I do start bleeding early I wonder what my chances are of it being a miscarriage. It was weird though to one night have just a little light pink blood when I wiped and then I have been having brown since then.....I thought it might be implantation bleeding, but now I feel pretty crampy. What a game trying to figure everything out lol!

Old 12-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #6
ryansmom33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't really have an answer about the spotting, I wish I did. It could be implantation bleed, or it could be an ovulation bleed. Sometimes that happens with the excess of hormones.

As for temping, start on cycle day 1, the first day of red blood. Take your temp every morning at the same time, before you get out of bed or have anything to drink etc, and you need to have at least 4 hours of uninterupted sleep, sometimes thats the hardest part.

I loved temping, it kept me sane. After a cycle or two you'll notice a definate pattern, you'll be able to clearly see a temp shift up after O. it's really interesting to see your body doing what it's supposed to be doing. And if you don't get preg, then you know the day before or the day your period is going to start because your temp will drop down again.

Taking Charge of your Fertility is a great book. I used the online Fertility Friend site to keep track of my temps. It charts them all nice and pretty for you.

You don't really know where in your cycle the spotting fell do you? If it was a couple of days past O, or if it was a week etc? Esp, if the OPK's were wacky for you and you didn't temp. Our bodies do some weird and wacky things that we tend to not notice until we're trying to get preg. Wait this cycle out, if you're not preg. Begin the temping on cd1 and the opk's about cycle day 8 until you have a positive and then you will know for sure you O'd when you have 3 days in a row of higher temps.

Good luck, and if I can answer any other questions please let ;me know.

Last edited by ryansmom33; 12-17-2006 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo's
ryansmom33 is offline   Reply With Quote