Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
patty_o_furniture
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 8 month sleeps worse then a newborn!

OK guys. I don't know if I need advice or I just need hugs but I need to vent! My 8 month old slept better as a newborn. I get up with her 15-20 times a night, no kidding! She can't breath through her nose. I've given her cold medicine, humidifier, propped up the bed mattress, tried co-sleeping, rock to sleep, went back to exlusive BF, etc etc! She's on antibiotics now, for maybe a sinus infection. Ugh! I just am so frustrated with it. She has been awake like this at night for over two months! My husband wants to start trying for our next, and I'm the one who is like NO way! Anybody have any ideas? I really would not like to CIO but at this point I want to sleep at least an hour!

Advertisement

patty_o_furniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: My 8 month sleeps worse then a newborn!

Our then 9 month old went through this just recently. I really think it was a growth spurt,it got her days and nights all messed up because she was napping so much during the day. Luckily it only lasted about 2 weeks and now she's almost sleeping through the night
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not a huge fan of CIO, but my Ped recommended a book that had a method I was comfortable with. It is called Good Night Sleep Tight by the sleep lady (you can google sleep lady and it will pop up)

It is where you basically allow the baby to cry, but you are right there next to the baby, touching her, verbally soothing her, etc and every 3-4 days or so you move farther and farther away until you are at the door or on the other side of it. After the first few days, my little one was going to sleep w/o the crying or would only softly fuss while I verbally soothed her for a minute or two and would then be asleep. She also slept much much longer at night.

If she is waking up though because she can't breath, then that is a whole different issue. What does her ped say?

Old 01-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
kbisu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can only offer you hugs because Im right there with you my dd slept through the night from 2 months to 6 months old and here I am at 10 months and she gets up a minimum of 5 times a night. I cant do CIO. Ive read the no cry sleep solution and we are still up. We dont have trouble going to sleep its just the night waking...
kbisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
aimee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can only offer you is (((HUGS))) because I am going through the EXACT same thing right now, but my ds is 10 months old.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
HBuehler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs to us all...My daughter was 15 months before she stopped getting up several times a night...first time she slept all night I was also pg again with #3 he's now 22 months and gets up a minimum of 3 times a night and those are on the good nights.It's been over 4 years since I have slept more than 3 hours at one time.And..as for the book by the Sleep Lady...she never met my kids..tried it for over a month and the only thing I found was maybe I needed a better chair
HBuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Poor baby! That sounds miserable for everyone! ITA about waiting to TTC until you have this figured out. I would be camping out at the pediatritions office until they come up with something to help your baby because that is not only not normal, but not healthy for a growing baby.
for you & to baby
Old 01-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #8
mimid
Registered Users
seller

It is a byproduct of their developing new skills. My 2 cruisers are doing it and my happy-to-sit-and-play DD is still fine at night unless someone wakes her up. Ped says it should stop when they start walking well.
mimid is offline   Reply With Quote