Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Arms aching?

Ok, so my arms have felt really wierd that last few days. They ach really bad. The right one is from the armpit down with the worst pain from th elbow to the fingers. On the left side it is mostly in my hands, but sometimes in my forearms. It feels like when you hit your funny bone and the zing pain you get along with the ache that also happens. Anyone have any ideas of what it is and how I make it better?

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
sallyrae17
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Arms aching?

What you're describing kind of sounds like pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. I've been struggling with it for the past month and a half or so and it really sucks. Do your arms go numb when you sleep?

It could also be a pinched nerve or the baby's position.
sallyrae17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
angelikapisadika
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not pregnant but noticed your post because I have been suffering from a very painful arm for almost an entire month now. I am pretty sure it's a pinched nerve. Three days ago my forefinger started going numb and then my thumb, too. The pain is also in my back, up to my neck and across my shoulder. It's miserable, but I don't think there is a cure or even temporary relief for a pinched nerve until it clears itself. Is there?

Maybe you have a pinched nerve. My sister had one in her leg while she was pregnant, during the last 2 months and nothing worked, not the chiropractor, her doctor, massage...until she had the baby. She couldn't walk and her leg turned purple and swelled up like a balloon!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My arms do go numb when I sleep. That is how it all started. Wether I am laying on that side or not.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
sallyrae17
Registered Users

My Mood:

I feel your pain. I have the exact same issue and sadly it has only gotten worse. I went from having numb arms to being unable to open and close my hands to absolutely no feeling in my pointer and middle finger on my right hand. I really think it has to do with a pinched nerve, though, because the numbness starts somewhere in my shoulders, not just my forearms (which is carpal tunnel). My midwife suggested capsaicin pills (cayenne pepper), but I had such horrible heartburn that it wasn't really possible. I wish I could give you some positive advice or things to try, but I've really been at a loss myself.

Luckily I'm 38 weeks pregnant and baby can come any day!
sallyrae17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Erinne
Registered Users

A woman in my birth class had that problem and seeing a chiropractor helped her. I have no idea what exactly she had or what the chiro did, but it might be something to try.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
carbandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been having this problem..this makes me feel better..thought I was going crazy
Old 05-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had similar symptoms which my OB said are pregnancy induced carpel tunel sydrome. He said to wear tight fitting tights when I'm inside in the airconditioner (like at night) and the tennis wrist bands that you can get at athletic stores when I go to bed...I have been having it in both my arms and legs though...it's a pretty inexpensive solution and it has helped (not cured, but helped) - I do look pretty hot at night now!!!!!
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote