Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Advice for overnight diapers?

Hi. Our triplets and DS#1 are HEAVY wetters. They always wake up soaked. We currently use BG OS dipes w/ two inserts for overnight, but it's not working at all! Any suggestions on which inserts might absorb more and be trimmer (I don't think three inserts will fit in the pocket) or which dipes work great for overnight? I don't want to go back to sposies for overnights. Thanx!!

Angie N.

Advertisement

Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Advice for overnight diapers?

Mama, you just bought a ton of FB's from me, please tell me they've gotten there!

As far as inserts, for MAX absorbency the petite FB's will hold a Bigger Weeds perfectly without bunching up. The large size hemparoo prefolds also fit extremely well and the absorbency is only slightly less then the Bigger Weeds.

With so many to diaper, can you make your own? It may be much cheaper for you to buy yardage of good hemp fleece and cut/serge into large squares. (That's all a bigger weeds is, a square trifolded to stuff. No additional middle layers as far as I can tell. The hemparoo prefolds are more layers in the middle then in the sides). Remember there is a HUGE shrinkage factor in hemp and it must be prewashed and predried several times before it's shrunk/oils are out. You'll need the measurements of an unwashed bigger weeds to cut the squares the right size, and then they will shrink.

Edited to add: This is also very trim. It's stiffer then microfiber so there may be some rigidness between their legs, but it's not like cardboard or anything. It just doesn't squish as easily.

Last edited by ravenonyx; 12-17-2006 at 06:53 PM.
ravenonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Angie- when I use a bG OS I use a CB insert, a hemp insert (from Little Lambs a long time ago) then I put a fleece topped CB doubler on top so her skin stays dry. Over this is put a wool soaker to catch any JIC leaks.

Tonight we are trying an OC swaddlebees fitted with the CB doubler and a wool soaker
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
stacim
Registered Users
seller

What type of inserts are you using and are they completely soaked when you take them out? I like two JBs with a microfiber insert on top (closest to baby/child). The hemp is very absorbant and the microfiber absorbs fast. I have had leaks/soaked clothes because ds wets too fast for the insert absorbancy. You may already know all of that, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Good luck!
stacim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacim View Post
What type of inserts are you using and are they completely soaked when you take them out?
We use the CB microfiber inserts. They are TOTALLY soaked in the am as are the kiddos jammies, sheets, and even their blankets at times! They are SUPER, SUPER soakers.
Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BTW cheapest option to help at night is fleece interlock pants! There should be many stores that carry them right now. Also, sleep sacks! HALO makes them in an XL size that works great.

We don't frequently have leaks now but those saved my hide back when we were using microfiber, at least then we only had to clean up the child and not the entire bed.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was having this same problem with my youngest (ds1 no longer pees at night). He wakes up to nurse and if I don't change him he soaks the bed, but if I do change him he wakes up more and is harder to get back to sleep (and I can't stay laying down to nurse). So I asked around at LLL and they suggested simply getting Mother ease one size fitteds and mother ease Air flow covers and some good hemp doublers. So I tried it, and it has worked for us the past two nights. You would really need many if you wash pretty often (and with so many in dipes you would probably have to). Since fitteds can be washed, dryed and reused quickly, rather than having to air dry.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
stacim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowwolf549 View Post
We use the CB microfiber inserts. They are TOTALLY soaked in the am as are the kiddos jammies, sheets, and even their blankets at times! They are SUPER, SUPER soakers.

I haven't tried CB inserts, but maybe adding a hemp insert might do the trick, or at least help. I have been stuffing a GAD semi-fitted with two JBs and one MF (MOE or a towel) and then a MEAF cover. Haven't had any leaks and some mornings I don't think the dipe could hold another drop. On those days, I don't think 2 MF inserts would do the trick. Just a thought. The hemp is definitely more trim the the MF. And as PP said, it is a little stiff, but ds doesn't seem to mind.

Good luck finding a solution that works for you.
stacim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #9
leobaby04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend one of my Mighty Nighty inserts... They give you 6 layers of hemp fleece PLUS 3 layers of microterry and are less bulky than putting several inserts into 1 pocket diaper. (link in siggy )

Good luck!
leobaby04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #10
Tymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leobaby04 View Post
I would recommend one of my Mighty Nighty inserts... They give you 6 layers of hemp fleece PLUS 3 layers of microterry and are less bulky than putting several inserts into 1 pocket diaper. (link in siggy )

Good luck!
I second that!!!!!! She has the best nighttime inserts ever. And my son can out pee a grown man!