Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
pingumel

when do you stop giving pureed food?

at what age do you stop actively pureeing food or giving them jarred baby food, and expecting them to eat all chunky food? this is assuming, of course, that they are picking up all sorts of stuff. i'm wondering if DS might be more adventurous in picking up different chunky stuff if i didn't feed him some pureed food with every meal.

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
weddell
Registered Users
seller

Re: when do you stop giving pureed food?

I never gave dd any pureed food. She was bf exclusively until 7 months or so and then we gave her soft, slightly overcooked food like veggies that she self-fed. As she got better at eating we gave her more. We don't give her everything we eat, but mostly she now eats what we do.
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
LAF512
Registered Users
seller

We stopped giving our dd pureed food around 10-11 months. She just prefered the foods she could pick up with her fingers better and didn't want anything to do with pureed. Although, I do know some people that still use pureed foods for their 18 month olds so I guess it all depends on the baby. I would just try not giving your ds the pureed and see if he chooses to eat more of the chunky food. If not, they you can always go back to the pureed.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is 13 months and eats almost all regular food. We stopped giving him purees as his main source of solids around 10/11 months. He still has a few favorite pureed fruits which he gets sometimes for breakfast. I'll continute to give him those until he decides he doesn't want them.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:26 AM   #5
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weddell View Post
I never gave dd any pureed food. She was bf exclusively until 7 months or so and then we gave her soft, slightly overcooked food like veggies that she self-fed. As she got better at eating we gave her more. We don't give her everything we eat, but mostly she now eats what we do.
yeah that

but i did give my DS pureed food and just made it chunkier as he got older and by a year he was off it
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #6
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it was around 10 mos for us, too. DD started to display an obvious preference for chunkier foods and aversion toward purees. If you brought a jar of baby food within her eyesight, she turned away! She wanted what was on our plates . . . then, she didn't even want our super soft foods! That has changed a bit, thank goodness, but no more babyfood. She's almost 14 mos, now.

Elisa