Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #11
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I've gotta know...

We co-slept with the first three and I am soo happy now that dh agreed to let ds (child 4) sleep in a crib. He sleeps better at night, I sleep better at night and all is happy well until the 3yr old climbs in bed . I need my space when I sleep or become a mean mommy. Now ds (4months) does come into our bed from 6am till 7-8 am. I love ds being in the crib in our room I can see him and he is only an arms reach from me. For me I need my sleep and dont do well with others near me dh would love ds in our bed but he agrees that my sleep is more important. I think everyone needs to do what works for them.

Advertisement

ISO GMS & Wool:

Last edited by Shyla; 12-18-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #12
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I slept on the floor in her room for the first week because I didnt want her to be alone. but no way in my bed. she sleeps with me when we are visiting my IL and DH isnt there, and she sleeps with me when shes sick. thats it. otherwise sleep is for her bed only!! I didnt want to get started with her in our bed because I didnt want to end up with a 5 year old in my bed
Old 12-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #13
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im not against it, but we don't as ds sleeps better for the most part by himself
Old 12-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #14
beccalriley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've got a three year old in my bed right now...and a 6 month old
That makes 4 of us. However, we love it..for the most part. Every once and a while, my oldest dd thinks that she has to be touching every inch of me...and then I dream of the bed to myself! But, I couldn't really sleep without my kids with me. Whatever works for you and your family, is best!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:25 AM   #15
kkbtoys
Registered Users
seller

I can see the draw for many families. We have been co-sleeping with dd #4 for the past 8 months but that will hopefully be ending soon. She starts out in her own bed, and then wakes for nursing and comes into our bed. I sleep poorly, mainly because she nurses 2-3 times a night and I don't sleep through it, and she's a bed hog. She's the only one we've had sleep with us. In some ways it's sweet & comforting, and in other ways, it's annoying - like wanting to sneak out of bed before she's awake in the morning, but afraid that she'll wake and try crawling off the bed & falling.

My lack of sleep is really interfering with my quality of life so I am planning on weaning her night time nursing and co-sleeping after the holidays..
kkbtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:37 AM   #16
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

We still do it and I still love it. DH loves the idea of it, but would like our bed back, so we brought her crib down to our room to start the transition
Old 12-19-2006, 06:10 AM   #17
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we do it but theres no way I could if I didn't have a king size bed and a crib attached to the bed. I have 2 in my bed and I need a little space around me when i sleep
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:25 AM   #18
sewingmama2005
Banned
seller

We kind of co-sleep. Younger dd starts the night in her crib (she's one of those freak kids that you tell night night and she goes to sleep, no crying or fussing or anything). But she comes to our bed in the middle of the night when she wakes up to nurse. Honestly, I love having my baby for snuggle times and nursing..but prefer she actually SLEEP in her own bed...when she spends the rest of the night in there with us, she spends that time nursing...she fussing if she drifts off and loses the nipple...it's a PITA. If she'd just SLEEP when in bed with after nursing I'd love co-sleeping....but she comfort nurses ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! Can you tell she was in our bed last night and I didn't get much sleep
sewingmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:33 AM   #19
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I am all for co sleeping as is dh, ds and older dd BUT the baby doesn't like it Ds slept with us until he was 4, dd is 4 and she's in her own bed 90% of the time now (started weaning her out at 3 but it took a full year), the baby is in a pack and play next to us. She was in a bassinet but now she's nearly rolling over so I put up the pack and play until we get the crib up (thought we'd never have to use that thing). If she sleeps with us she wakes up like every 15 minutes, sleeping alone she gets up every 3-5 hours just to eat and go back to sleep. While I do miss it I can say it's nice to sprawl out in my king size bed.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:47 AM   #20
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

We cosleep. My DD is 5 and my DS is almost 7 months. We have a king size bed so there is plenty of room. We really enjoy it!