Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Opinions Please

I got a sampler from Thanks Mama which had one of most types and I quickly was able to figure out what I liked and what I didn't. It changed as he grew a little bigger too.

I've seen since and wish I'd found then a test drive from and a neat sampler where you choose what you want to try at

AKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #12
Registered Users

I think prefolds tend to scare some mom's away from CD's. I would have a couple of starter pkgs...

#1 - 3 pockets, 3 AIOs, 3 QD fitteds, 3 prefolds, 1 PUL wrap, 1 Wool
#2 - 12 prefolds, 2 PUL, 1 Wool
#3 - 6 AIO's, 6 pockets, 8 inserts
#4 - 6 fitteds, 6 prefolds, 2 PUL, 1 Wool

that's about it

Personally I started with all prefolds & fitteds. And though I've tried pockets & AIO's (I even have a few) I don't like them much....
wife to John
mom to John II, Dustin, Dorothy, Liam & baby Maggie May 08
MilkOnDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

All are good suggestions. I started with pockets and now have become addicted to prefolds (dyed of course) and wool. It took me a few months to master the prefolds but now I love them. If you want a good starter pack for a good price I have one for sale:

It would only get you through two diaper changes but it's a pretty reasonable price for what's included.

I do like every kind of diaper that I've tried except AIOs. I use those for our out and about diapers and nothing else. I have two Magicalls in size large that have literally been used maybe twice. They just don't hold my son's major pee spurts. Once you get the hang of prefolds, I think you'll love them! I think they're really cute and very trim if you get the fold right.

~ Emily ~ loving my fireman, mama to a big bub, a sissy, and a little bub
imommy is offline   Reply With Quote